Screen share session

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:19 am

Greg

Any time is ok with me. Probably would prefer not 0800 on a Sunday morning but I'm up for it (literally) if that suits everyone else.

Julie

Ok..The attached Screen shot shows meeting times from:

1st column = GMT
2nd Column = Minneapolis
3rd Column = Melbourne
4th Column = Boston

Suggestions for a time are appreciated...My Saturday is pretty open...
I am willing to do an afternoon session if people want to...

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:04 am

OK,
Unless there are objections I will set the time for the call to be Saturday November 7th at 4:00 PM CST so that should be 9:00am in Australia.  I will be using Skype for the Audio part of the call and currently I am going to use Mikogo.com as the screen share. 

Mikogo will require you to download a small program to your PC. 
After the session you can delete the file since it will only be good for the session we are having.  I have tested this program on My PC and sent my screen to my laptop.  This is a full screen full resolution program and the results should be quite good. 

There is a few second delay between my making something happen on screen and you seeing it.  We'll have to work through the time lag as we go through the call.

I will be on-line with Skype at About 3:50 PM CST to set up the conference call and establish the Mikogo session.

• If you have a Skype ID you can add me to your list as ggroess or just search the directory for Greg Groess.  If you send me your ID I can search you and add you to the call on start up.

• I will then have you go to Join.mikogo.com and input the Mikogo session ID

• You will need to download the small program from Mikogo and run it.  It will join you to the screen share and we should be good to go.

I would like you submit 1 or 2 images you want me to work on by Friday November 6th.  I will look at the images but I will try not to make any corrections prior to the screen share.  My intent is to show you what I go through as I correct the images and answer questions as we go. 

These sessions are very free form and I am willing to take the conversation in any direction you want to go.  I have some things I will be presenting to you but overall this session is for you and your questions.  If you have any questions from any of the materials we have covered please feel free to submit them in advance or just write them down so you don't forget them.

These sessions are usually a lot of fun and can go as long as you like.  Hopefully the technology will not fail us and we will be able to spend some quality time... ;D

Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:16 am

Greg I know I am late and I do aplogise but here are my images.
Julie
Attachments
cordoba-fair-for-web-jpg
cordoba-fair-for-web-jpg (183.24 KiB) Viewed 11421 times
italy-for-web-jpg
italy-for-web-jpg (181.63 KiB) Viewed 11421 times

joann

Postby joann » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Greg, I finally have skype working but I don't know what ID is?? My sign on is ajoann.  I know that sounds dumb but I've never used it before. My daughter just called me on skype and it does work as well as the mic. I don't have a web cam but will be able to talk. Let me know what you need from me.
I did find you and have added you to my contacts.
I'm sorry to be so late sending photo. I've worked on this one a lot and cannot get skin tone correct. My prints are not good.
thanks,
JoAnn H

OK,
Unless there are objections I will set the time for the call to be Saturday November 7th at 4:00 PM CST so that should be 9:00am in Australia.  I will be using Skype for the Audio part of the call and currently I am going to use Mikogo.com as the screen share.  

Mikogo will require you to download a small program to your PC.  
After the session you can delete the file since it will only be good for the session we are having.  I have tested this program on My PC and sent my screen to my laptop.  This is a full screen full resolution program and the results should be quite good.  

There is a few second delay between my making something happen on screen and you seeing it.  We'll have to work through the time lag as we go through the call.

I will be on-line with Skype at About 3:50 PM CST to set up the conference call and establish the Mikogo session.

• If you have a Skype ID you can add me to your list as ggroess or just search the directory for Greg Groess.  If you send me your ID I can search you and add you to the call on start up.

• I will then have you go to Join.mikogo.com and input the Mikogo session ID

• You will need to download the small program from Mikogo and run it.  It will join you to the screen share and we should be good to go.

I would like you submit 1 or 2 images you want me to work on by Friday November 6th.  I will look at the images but I will try not to make any corrections prior to the screen share.  My intent is to show you what I go through as I correct the images and answer questions as we go.  

These sessions are very free form and I am willing to take the conversation in any direction you want to go.  I have some things I will be presenting to you but overall this session is for you and your questions.  If you have any questions from any of the materials we have covered please feel free to submit them in advance or just write them down so you don't forget them.

These sessions are usually a lot of fun and can go as long as you like.  Hopefully the technology will not fail us and we will be able to spend some quality time... ;D

Greg
Attachments
4417-evanweb-jpg
4417-evanweb-jpg (297.16 KiB) Viewed 11421 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:15 pm

well we'll take a good look at it...

Greg

joann

Postby joann » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:54 pm

Thanks Greg for a very informative 3 hours. My brain is on overload.
JoAnn H

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:17 pm

You are quite welcome...
I hope you got more answers than questions yesterday...

Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:50 pm

Greg,
I would like to say thanks too. Went straight from the session to barbeque in the back yard. First hot day we have had this spring. I am now working my way through the notes I took and have already used the wrench to adjust some settings.

My plan is to keep learning and hope that my brain can start to store some of this new knowledge in an accessable area. Thanks for your time and patience.

Julie 

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”