JoAnn has a question

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
joann

Postby joann » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:41 am

How do you determine the spot to place interior points?
Also, I can't figure out how to make the curve boxes larger.
Even though your snow was beautiful, I am not looking forward to winter. I live in Ohio and we get our share.
JoAnn H

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:49 am

To make the curves boxes bigger just drag the boarder of the curves window to the left.  If you have all curves shown they each get bigger If you select a single curve it will fill the open space.

Can you be more specific about interior points?? 

Greg

joann

Postby joann » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:57 am

Maybe I'm saying it wrong. For the Merry go Round the instructions say to add control points. I understand why they need to be added but I don't understand how you know where to put them.
JoAnn H

joann

Postby joann » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:02 am

I'm not doing something right enlarging the curves boxes. I can enlarge by pulling to the left but all the boxes get larger even when I select just one box. I like the way Julie has the large single box.
JoAnn H

joann

Postby joann » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:03 am

OK,.... I finally figured it out. I can enlarge the boxes. Duh!
JoAnn H

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:26 am

Ok...better for the interior points...

Think of the curve -for a moment as a length of elastic rope.  If you pull the rope into a straight line and then move the center...It becomes a curve.  You need to "control" that curve by putting Stakes in the rope so it cannot bend.  For the merry go round you want to open the shadows but "control" the effect so it does not effect anything past the quarter tone on the shadow side. 

See the article about the Lizard tail curve...http://www.curvemeister.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special_Curves:_Lizard_Tail

If you get to close to the adjustment you can make a flat spot where the curve is nearly flat...this is not a good thing...you always want some curve to the adjustment.  That flat spot will make the area it effects look solarized. If it is a color channel you are trying to make a neutral where one cannot exist.

There are no Hard and Fast rules here but work as close tot he adjustment as possible without creating the flat spot.

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”