julieweek 2 merry go round

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:39 am

greg
I found this really difficult to do. I struggled not to have ot looking washed out. I think the finished product looks a bit light on the horses but I could not fix it woithout losing the background. I think I would have sacrificed the background to have the horses looking more detailed if I was doing this for myself. I have sharpened slightly and reduced noise for the final photo.

The snow looks great. Not much of that here in Australia. I live in a cold place for Australia but if we get a few flakes here everyone gets so excited. There is a small mountain just behind the city that gets snow sometimes in winter and everyone with children drives up and runs about in it. I have to admit to doing the same when the children were young, I was in my twenties before I even saw snow. 

Julie
Attachments
rgbmerrygoroundscreen-jpg
rgbmerrygoroundscreen-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 3132 times
rgbmerrygoroundweek2-jpg
rgbmerrygoroundweek2-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 3132 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:31 am

Julie,

You have the shadows open just fine but you need to place a "control" point on the curve.  See your shot with my drawings...
The Green Dot is where you need to control the curve...the red arrows are where you should return the curve to the center line...

Near the center line...not on it.....
Attachments
rgbmerrygoroundscreen_gg-jpg
rgbmerrygoroundscreen_gg-jpg (266.78 KiB) Viewed 3132 times

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”