Introductions

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:36 pm

Everyone,
Please take a minute and introduce yourself to the group.

I'm Greg Groess, I am a freelance photographer and friend of the Curvemeister.  I will be the primary resource for you during the class over the coming weeks. This is my second full year of teaching Curvemeister. I have been a photographer for over 30 years and got my start in Color Print correction.  I have taught in community education, worked in studio and portrait photography, and I have converted from Film to Digital.

I Live and work in Minnesota I am married and have two teen aged sons who keep me on my toes constantly. 

It is my sincere hope that you get all of your questions answered and that if I do not answer your question sufficiently that you will press the issue and make sure that I address all of the questions you might have.

I can tell you from past experience that the more discussion out here on the board the better the class outcomes.  Please do not lurk...Please contribute to the class and be willing to share your mistakes and triumphs.  The more you share the more you will learn.

Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:31 pm

Hello to everyone,

My name is Julie Moltmann and I live in Hobart, Australia. Hobart is the capital city of Tasmania, an island at the bottom of Australia. I work as a registered nurse in Paediatrics and enjoy my work most of the time. I have a husband and three children aged 25, 21,20.

I have had an interest in photography for many years and dabbled in classes over the years but I went digital about 4 years ago. I have a Nikon D70s and two lenses an 18-200mm and a 50mm both Nikon. i am stillediting with Elements 4 but am willing to consider an upgrade. My conversion to digital coincided with the ability to travel, so travel and family events are what I photograph most.  I have bursts of photography and then months of editing. I have trouble letting the mediocre picture go but am getting better.  I love the mix of intellectual stimulation (as I try to remember everything I need to) and the creative opportunities photography offers.

I am really looking forward to this class. I purchased curvemeister a while ago now and have been using the wizard, a few masks and the pins (not very well I suspect). I don't have a very technical knowledge of photography or editing but I am willing to learn. I hope to be an active member of the class and will certainly be asking lots of questions. I will add an image this week. I just realised my husband has all the photos of me and I have all the photos of him.

Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:34 pm

Greetings Julie...

I cannot wait to help you get more out of the CM plugin
Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi,

I am a retired international health physician, having spent most of my professional life in Africa, and now retired on Peaks Island, a 20 minute ferry ride off the coast of Portland, Maine.

I am continually amazed at the ever evolving digital technologies that enable someone like me, a hobbyist with closets and shelves full of black and white photos, 35 mm slides and JPEG images on assorted disk drives/CD ROMS.

Over the past several years, I have experimented with many of the digital options including color correction, restoration of damaged photos, web mastering, video production and discovering new ways of going beyond the traditional slideshow or scrapbook.

My basic tool is Photoshop Elements 7, with a variety of plugins, some free and some bought.

In the past I have have rather expensive camera equipment for activities ranging from African safaris to scuba diving.
Now virtually all of my photos come from an Olympus Stylus 1030.  The main criteria being that it is small, light, waterproof and rugged enough to survive hiking and canoeing/kayaking.  Perhaps because of my lack of expertise, it is rare that a photo does not require corrective work, the most common problem being blue color casts.

I discovered Curvemeister when it was Version 2 and it usually my preferred tool for the first tweak that I perform on a photo. 
I must admit that most of the time I allow the Wizard to do all of the work, thus my interest in this course, that I hope with improve my understanding of color theory and practice.

Pat Kelly

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:26 pm

Welcome Pat...
the good news is that for this class after the first week we turn off the wizard.  The better news is that when you are done with class your understanding will be much greater...

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:46 am

My name is John Shore - "lifetime photographer", now seeking to take it to the next level.  Been digital for about eight years - work a lot with Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom (plus scanning old slides).  I used an older version of Curvemeister for a while, but never felt I wrapped my head around it - hence this class.    You can see some of my work here:  http://www.johnshorephoto.com.

js

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:52 am

Hi John,
Wonderful site...

I hope we help take you further during the next few weeks.

Greg

eransh10

Postby eransh10 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:35 am

Hi all,
My name is Eran and I live in Dallas TX.
I shoot with Nikon D90 with various lens and use PS CS4 + lightroom.
I hope to learn how to improve my work flow with curvemeister.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:53 am

Welcome...
I hope that by the end of class we have met your goals...Ask workflow type questions as they come up and we'll see what we can do to make it faster and easier for you with CM

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”