Dandelions

This board is for the December 2009 Curvemeister 101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Not a major change, but enough to give some extra impact.
Attachments
dandelionsrg-jpg
dandelionsrg-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 3525 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Richard,
For this particular image the devil is in the details...the highlight details....

Take a look at the image below.  I have taken your posted image and changed the L curve in LAB.  No color or saturation changes were made.  I have also posted the ACV file.  This is the curve file you can load to the image to see the changes and compare the results.

If you do not have your original posted file just download your posting and the ACV.  Open the image in CM and click the load button.  Then click on the ACV file and then the "open" button.  my curve file will be applied to your copy of the image...

Notice that I have held the darker parts of the image while only attacking the highlights.  You can do this by adding a few "control points to the curve.  just click on the curve and it will set a point.  these will keep the curve from twisting too much when you adjust the highlight areas.  The color worm can help you find the right location on the curve to work on by placing your mouse on the image and looking for the "worm" on the channel display.  Sometimes it is very hard to see but usually it can be found.

Greg
Attachments
screenshot001-jpg-99
screenshot001-jpg-99 (207.83 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
dandelionsrg-jpg-lab-acv
(70 Bytes) Downloaded 329 times

Return to “Curvemeister 101 December 2009”