QuadKiteFliers

This board is for the December 2009 Curvemeister 101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:37 pm

I really struggled to get anything vaguely acceptable for this, either using the CM wizard, or going off in CM on my own.  Then I used PSE:Enhance>Adjust Lighting>Shadows/Highlights and the result is attached.  But I feel as though I have cheated: very irritating.
Attachments
2007-07-29_152422-iquadkiteflyersrg-jpg
2007-07-29_152422-iquadkiteflyersrg-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 4296 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:56 pm

This is one image we consider moving to a different point in the course every class and end up have a great discussion about what is going on here...

You can get closer with CM.  Try using the "Mark" command to tell you where on the channel you are adjusting, the blue in the shirts really is located.  If you right click on the shirt and choose "mark"  CM will leave a marker on the curve and you can start your adjustments there...

You might want to work in LAB since you can separate the blue from the other colors by pinning the yellow side of the curve down...Again a right click and "Pin Grid" will help you out here...

I don't want to give too much away at this point.....This is one of the tougher images in the entire class....
Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:17 am

I'm betting this image is leaving some of you wondering....
I took Richards correction and I made some changes as shown.

This is a modified version of something coming up:  Color By the Numbers.  BTN in Curvemeister can be an interesting process.  Because of the lower resolution of the posted image there is a lot of noise in the picture.

But as you can see the image can be brought back quite a bit from the blue shadows.  There is much more that can and should be done to this image..I am hoping some of you will post your versions so that others can see what is possible...

Greg
Attachments
screenshot001-jpg-100
screenshot001-jpg-100 (246.58 KiB) Viewed 4296 times

Return to “Curvemeister 101 December 2009”