Re:Trouble with the notification e-mail

This is the Discussion Board for the March 2010 CM101 Class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:51 pm

There are a couple of things wrong with the email and the link it directed me to.  It is almost unintelligible: a disembodied partial url,  a 'link' to who knows what. It's not at all clear how to get to the class - as I teacher I have learned that the devil is in the details, KISS, etc.  If the class is meant for PS aficionados - say so.

I'll skip it and go to doing report cards.  I"m  clearly not engaged enough to bother with this. I'm sure I could have got to the class in less time than it took to write this but it may be important to let you know.

Real simple - a link to the class and a password if needed. Everything else is bad formatting and verbiage.

derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Real simple - a link to the class and a password if needed. Everything else is bad formatting and verbiage.

This seems a bit harsh. I've attached a screenshot of the email as it appears on my machine (with the password removed, just in case). Apart from a missing apostrophe on the word "weeks" it seems flawless to me. The link works as it should.

I'm not sure what's going on with your system, but I don't think the issue is Greg's fault.
Attachments
cmemail-png
cmemail-png (45.45 KiB) Viewed 7431 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:32 pm

The class is geared towards people who have a basic understanding of Photoshop, are willing to explore image correction, and are willing to offer a polite critique without being condescending.  I'm certain that this class; which has been offered for over 3 years has been satisfactory for the vast majority of people who take it seriously and post images for critique and suggestion.

For those who wish to take the class and not participate in the polite discussions I am as understanding and pleasant as I can be.  If you do not wish to take the class I am certain a refund of your purchase price can be arranged and I will have Mike remove you from the roster.

Failing that please keep your comments civil.  This is a polite exchange of ideas and I will do everything necessary to keep it as such.  If you need to make further comment please include Mike in the offline discussions so that you are treated fairly and completely satisfied.
Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm

This has nothing to do with a knowledge of Photoshop - which I don't claim.

I suggest:
  Link:  www.course.curvemeister.com
  Username: cm101  (not your Curvemeister log-in username)
  Password: ..........

Simple to follow - no guesswork involved.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:47 pm

The link in the e-mail is not created by me.  I'm sorry if the e-mail is confusing...I never receive one..
When I post the notice it is to the forum with a notification e-mail sent to you. 
If you could forward it to me at greg@curvemeister.com I would love to see it. 
I want it to be correct and if the link is wrong I will work with Mike to correct it if we can.

If you follow the link in the forum you arrive at the site correctly 100% of the time unless you have a browser problem which is what Derek was referring to.

All that aside....
One of the main reasons I teach this class is to learn something about Photoshop; most students teach me something new every time I teach the class.  I want to help all of you and a part of this class is raising the level of our use of Photoshop.  I an not insulted in my lack of Photoshop knowledge and did not see your comment as an attack on me.  I am just constantly trying to learn something new about the program and I hope that together we can share our pool of information and you  can come away from the class with something you hopefully value as well.

I continue to welcome your postings and hope that you will choose to share some of your images with the class.
Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:31 pm

I split this topic off from the original post so that I can re-use parts of the posting next week if needed.

Greg

kessi

Postby kessi » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:54 am

My ten cents.
I've taken this course for the second time and have had no problems with links. The times I was not sure what to do, Greg always gave me directions. All I had to do was ask.

cheers
kessi

Return to “Curvemeister 101 March 2010”