Week 6: Example 7 - Temple Figures, Taiwan

This is the forum for posting to the June 2010 CM 101 Class
leeharper_admin

Postby leeharper_admin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:42 pm

I'm posting this now not because I'm finished with it, but because I might not have a chance to work on it at home tonight, and I am going to a lighting seminar in London tomorrow (with Joe McNally - I'm quite excited ;D) - so I might not be able to finish it for a day or so, and I wanted to ask your opinion about its current state.

I've only made a slight move in CurveMeister (to the K channel) - most of what I've done so far was in Photoshop.

I started by applying a false profile, to lighten the file (sRGB gamma 1.4). I then applied Shadow/Highlights, which I followed with Dan's Shadow/Highlights on steroids move (I multiplied in Lab, through a mask - I forget what I used for a mask).

I then entered CurveMeister to work on the K channel, and I've finished up (for now) by screening the whole thing (again in Lab). I split the screening up into luminosity and color components, and cut back the color component to 50%.

I think that there's likely plenty of room for improvement, but hopefully these adjustments will give me plenty of rope for when I'm in CurveMeister. I hope that I haven't done anything to make it more difficult for myself later on. We shall see...

All the best,
Lee.
Attachments
wk6_ex7_lh_v1-jpg
wk6_ex7_lh_v1-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 5617 times
1_wgcmyk-acv
(999 Bytes) Not downloaded yet

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Actually I think you have left yourself in a great spot for CM.  I was able to play a bit and I found plenty of room for adjustments...actually they were pretty minor from here on out...The gold looks good overall and when you tweak it in CM just watch out for odd color shifts in the brighter gold areas...

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 June 2010”