Screen Share session

This is the forum for posting to the June 2010 CM 101 Class
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:38 pm

Lee,
This is a thread from a year ago...I just moved it out of the class forum so you could see it.
It is a rather interesting discussion that solves your first image and possibly your second.

http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php/topic,2635.0.html

Greg

leeharper_admin

Postby leeharper_admin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Greg,

I've another topic that I'd appreciate being covered during this session. As you said in another thread:
many feel like they are loosing ground and that many of the things they count on in image correction are becoming almost useless or worse they screw things up

In one of the recent Dan Margulis videos on Kelby Training (and in his Professional Photoshop book), it is suggested that rather than making the image look as good as possible during raw conversion, that it is better to convert raw files with all adjustments (save for white balance) turned off - leaving all corrections for Photoshop proper.

I don't have enough experience to have an opinion on this, but I'd be really interested to know what your position is. Is it better to save everything for CurveMeister/Channel Blending, etc - or do you make use of the capabilities of raw conversion software?

Cheers,
Lee.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:00 am

on this one I agree with Dan...

When I convert my NEF files I leave the settings at zero.  There is a lot of technical discussion on the Color Theory Group that Dan is a moderator on.  The end around is after a year of discussion and testing the general consensus is zero it out and let PS do the heavy lifting.  There is a whole school of thought about which converter to even use...so far many/most use ACR with the settings zeroed out. 

We certainly have some ground to cover...

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:30 pm

July 10th...
I am available after 0800 my time which is 13:00 your time Lee and I am not sure where Boyd is located...

I use Skype for the Voice part and a website called Mikogo to do the video.
Lee there is a Mac version if you prefer...

http://www.mikogo.com/download/windows-download/

Greg

leeharper_admin

Postby leeharper_admin » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi Greg,

I have set up Mikogo and Skype on both my Mac and Boot Camp, so I can connect either way. If I connect on my Mac I won't have CurveMeister to hand - will that be a disadvantage, or will Boyd and I both be watching you?

I will be available from 13:00 - 17:00 (08:00 - 12:00 your time). If it works well for Boyd how about we start at 10:00 your time, so that you don't have to wake up so early ;)

I'm really looking forward to this  ;D

Lee.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:59 pm

You will be watching me so no worries about CM. 

I'll see if I get an answer from Boyd...
Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:46 pm

10:00 Saturday it is then....
I will be online 10 minutes prior to the screen share getting the skype meeting started and setting up the mikogo session. 

Please post your Skype name so I can add you to the conference call.  if you want to send it to me separate send it to

greg@curvemeister.com

Greg

leeharper_admin

Postby leeharper_admin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:11 am

My Skype name is: lee.zoe.oscar

I'm really looking forward to this - see you tomorrow  ;D

Lee.

Return to “Curvemeister 101 June 2010”