Week 2: Exercise 6 - Mist

This is the forum for posting to the June 2010 CM 101 Class
leeharper_admin

Postby leeharper_admin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:32 am

Hi  :)

I really struggled with this one, and am still not happy with this version, but I feel as though (for the moment) I've hit a brick wall with it, so I'm going to post the best attempt I made...

It's funny, I decided to skip exercise 5 because this one looked really easy: work in Lab, bring in shadow and highlight thresholds, and steepen the a and b channels - 2 minutes max and it will look wonderful... Well that's what I thought beforehand. In practice, no such luck  :-.

For the life of me I can't even remember the steps I took to get the image to this point. I'm normally good about keeping track of what corrections I make, but the more I got unstuck with this the less it all seems to make sense. I'm thinking that exercise 5 might actually be easier to tackle now  ;)

Right, I'm going to give my brain a rest  ;)
Lee.
Attachments
wk2_ex6_lh-jpg
wk2_ex6_lh-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 3334 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:25 pm

Try setting a neutral in the middle back of the image on the water near where the land masses form a "v" 
two things to look for...the net in hands of the man on the boat is red...and there is a temple on the hills to the right...

The color is extremely subjective after all that...

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 June 2010”