Art St Vitus Cathedral

This is the discussion thread for the September 2010 Class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Still lots of questions, but before I ask, is this what it's supposed to look like.  It looks too yellow to me, but the numbers don't indicate that....or do they?  I never know which hue clock to go by.  I figured that the hue clock on the gray area of the roof should be neutral, so I tried to use that. 
Attachments
art-st-vitus-cathedral-3-jpg
art-st-vitus-cathedral-3-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 3757 times

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:30 pm

My question is about the "removing a color cast" example.  Why do we move the bottom corner of the blue curve and slide it towards the center?  Shouldn't we right-click on the blue value in an RGB hue clock that is sampling a section of the tower, select "Mark", and then adjust that mark in the blue curve to decrease the blue cast?

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:16 pm

The Cathedral image looks much better... the skin tones are right and the church looks very good...You even put the highlights in a printable place...
Really good work Art...

re: In the removing color cast example you can do it as you described (see shot1) but you have to control the rest of the curve and add additional control points.  Mike's suggestion is quick and effective because of the difference in brightness.

Both adjustments are valid. 

Greg
Attachments
shot1-jpg-38
shot1-jpg-38 (204.87 KiB) Viewed 3757 times

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2010”