Screen Share Session After Week 3

This is the discussion board for the December 2010 CM 101 Class.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 am

We will be starting on Saturday Jan 15th at 11:00 East coast united states...10:00 Central.

I run Firefox as well but it matters not which browser you use...The widget is from a site called Mikogo.  I will provide a link...you download the widget, join the session and enjoy. 

I have used Skype for a long time and have had very few issues with it. 
I can be talked into another session if the first goes well and people want to go again...I did that for the last class.

I will be on the wire at about 9:45 to get the session set up and I will invite people shortly after that to the Skype call.  Then I will talk you through the Mikogo part.  I am on DSL as well so it should be no problem...My PC does the heavy lifting here; you just connect to skype and watch on the browser...All the work occurs on my workstation.

Greg

dkrassen

Postby dkrassen » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:21 am

Hello.

I should be able to setup Skype.  My main concern is a web camera.  I have a web camera but have never used it so setting it up will take some time  Also, will I need a microphone to talk with you through Skype or could I communicate with you via typing.  Due to my medical problems (hurt scapula so needed bed rest with heating pad for a couple of weeks and now have score throat the moved into ear so needed more bed rest) I was unable to get back to you in a timely fashion - Saturday might be a problem for me.  I will get back to you with definite information tomorrow.  Is there a way you can record the live session to a file and then permit me to download this file.

Thank you
David

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:43 am

I will be on Skype using a Skype phone so I will not be using Skype directly from my PC. Will that be a problem?

Richard

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:06 pm

might be...If I want to call you do I still use a user name??

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Yes, you use the username that I previously sent to you. As a backup, I will also have Skype running on my laptop with username rsylvesterbrux

Richard

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Is the Skype phone a free call to a non skype subscriber?
Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:06 pm

People can call me on the Skype phone either via Skype (free call as it is Skype to Skype) or dial my normal landline number (not free call).

I can call out on the Skype phone via my landline number (not free call) or via Skype (free call to other Skype subscribers but not free to landlines or to cell phones without the proper subscription).

It is very practical: you have the functionality of Skype via a permanent connection to the internet without having your PC or laptop on all the time.

Richard

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:50 pm

ok..that works...Skype to Skype it is...

dkrassen

Postby dkrassen » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:34 am

Hello.

I was unable to get to the forum for several weeks because I injured my scapula.  Then I caught a bad sore throat which required further down time.  Because of these and other medical problems, I was unable to post a suitable time for this session and tomorrow will be a problem.  If you schedule a second session, I should be able to participate.  I will continue to post my images and try to complete the course on time.  I am still on week 3.  Nonetheless, I have learned much about Curvemeister and curves in general.  I also purchased the recommended book, Professional Photoshop The Classic Guide to Color Correction.  This is an extremely slow read because  it is densely packed with a wealth of information.  In fact, I had to re-read chapters 1-2 several  times.  I plan on purchasing the other recommended book on Lab too.  After completing this course, I will review all materials at my leisure and dissect both recommended books.  At this point, I will take your course on Curvemeister again.

Again, I apologize for not participating in the screen share session.  I will still continue to post my exercises and will try to complete the course in the allotted time.  Again, this is a great course.

Thank you
David 

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:01 am

You can join the call if you like it does not matter that you have not completed week 3.
I'll leave it up to you...

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 - December 2010”