Screen Share Session After Week 3

This is the discussion board for the December 2010 CM 101 Class.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:04 pm

During the class after the 3rd week is posted...I usually host a screen share session.  In this session I allow you to see my computer screen and I host a Skype call so that everyone can talk to each other. 

Here is how it works...I will log into a web site that allows me to push my screen out to you.  You will have to down load a small "browser widget" that allows you to join up to my shared session and watch in sort of real time what I am doing while I talk and answer questions.

You will need to download and install skype on your PC.  You can remove it after we are done if you like but Skype has been a very stable system for this so far.  When you install skype you will have to create a user name and that is the information I need.  I will add you to the conference call on the day we have it and you will be able to talk to me and everyone else no matter where in the world they live.

Additionally, I request that you send me a few images that you want to see worked on.  I wait for the 4th week so you have enough information and you will know more about what you need to ask questions about. 

The last part is the actual date of the call.  Typically we do this on a Saturday.  So we are talking Jan 8th, 15th, or 22nd. 
I need your location city, and dates you would be willing to attend.  Usually this session lasts for an hour but we can go long if everyone wants to and I am available.  I know we may have some students on the other side of the world so this might be scheduling puzzle.

Please let me know what dates work for you and I'll see what times work out depending on who wants to attend.  It is possible that we might have two sessions based on the time frames...

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:33 am

I am looking for suggestions as to the date and time frame for the call...

Anyone???

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:11 am

All of the 3 dates should be okay for me as long as I know as far in advance as possible. I am in Brussels, Belgium, which is 6 hours later in the day than New York. As far as the time is concerned, I would prefer something like 11 AM or noon New York time, but again this is flexible. I already have Skype.

Richard

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:00 pm

I'll keep Brussels in mind...We have done this before with people from Europe...I'll work it out...
Greg

sjordan93436

Postby sjordan93436 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:00 am

At this time any date is okay.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:36 am

OKAY...
I am thinking that the Saturday Jan 15th date will work. 

I would like to go at 10:00 AM CST USA.  See shot1 attached.

That would be 8 AM California and 5PM Brussels

Here is how it works...I will log into a web site that allows me to push my screen out to you.  You will have to down load a small "browser widget" that allows you to join up to my shared session and watch in sort of real time what I am doing while I talk and answer questions.

You will need to download and install skype on your PC.  You can remove it after we are done if you like but Skype has been a very stable system for this so far.  When you install skype you will have to create a user name and that is the information I need.  I will add you to the conference call on the day we have it and you will be able to talk to me and everyone else no matter where in the world they live.

Additionally, I request that you send me a few images that you want to see worked on.  I wait for the 4th week so you have enough information and you will know more about what you need to ask questions about. 

Comments??

Greg
Attachments
screenshot001-jpg-17
screenshot001-jpg-17 (21.82 KiB) Viewed 8614 times

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:11 am

The time and date are okay for me. My Skype username is ssylvesterbrux

I will send some images later this week, either on Thursday or Friday.

Thanks,

Richard

sjordan93436

Postby sjordan93436 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:41 pm

okay by me.  I will send some new problem images.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Wonderful...
I look forward to this call every class session...

Please everyone consider joining this session on Saturday...

Greg

dkrassen

Postby dkrassen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:13 pm

Hello.

Sorry for not getting back with you sooner.  I am having some medical problems.  In particular I hurt my scapula and was in bed with a heating pad for a couple of weeks.  I am still having some pain but it feels much better.  I then got a score throat that moved into my ear.  I am taking an antibiotic and it is finally starting to work.  I hope to catch up with the course but still have to complete week 3 and then move on to week 4.  If I run behind, can I send adjusted images to you after the class and if so how would I send them to do.

Know, for the live sesson.  I would like to participate, however, I do not have Skype installed on my computer.  Also, I am running DSL which may be too slow for a good connection.  You state, I need to run a program from by browser, I assume you mean I have to use Internet Explorer.  I usually use Firefox.  If I have the time, I will install Skype tomorrow and send you a message with my Skype User Id.  Prior to installing Skype, I will backup my computer just in case Skype causes a problem so I may not have the time needed to do this prior to Saturday.  Also, I have a doctors appointment for a blood infusion tomorrow, Friday, morning.  Sometimes, after my treatment I need to rest.   

To confirm, the session will be Saturday.  What time will it be; I am in Pennsylvania USA and the EST time zone?

Do you plan on having more than one live session?  If so, perhaps I will miss Saturday but will join in for the next one.  I really need to concentrate on the exercises and hate to take the time to backup my C drive, and install Skype.  I may have to adjust my Firewall as well.  What do you think?

Thank you
David

Return to “Curvemeister 101 - December 2010”