Problems with Curvmeister

This is the forum board for the Jan 2012 CM101 class
Gary

Postby Gary » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Greg.. I seem to be having a problem getting to the forum using the password I got hear by going to Curvemeister.com then community. I get to the class materials but not the forum.

Anyway I would like to know when I am in Curvemeister how I can shrink the window so I can access my desktop or Start Menu, my Curvemeister goes right off the bottom of the screen.

Also why is it that when I go to Settings everything is greyed out. Thanks.

Gary

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:56 am

Gary at the top of the main Forum page is a link next to the word "home" that says forum.
Let me know if that link does not work for you.

The outside window must be set to full screen mode.  check the upper Right corner and see if there is a box there.  If you click it the window should re-size down from Full screen.

settings on the menu?? or settings using the Wrench Icon??

Greg

Gary

Postby Gary » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:44 am

I did that before and it didn'd work but it is now I think I am back to normal

On the upper right side of my window it just says "about" no box  if that is the proper window

It was on the menu I see the wrench works, lots of hiding places in this program

Gary

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:59 am

Sometimes the Ribbon is waiting for a different response.  Glad the wrench works.

For the Window Size...You have it maximized..I just tested this and it is a good one...Right click on the top bar and choose "restore" that will shrink the window down away from the full screen.

Greg

Gary

Postby Gary » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Greg.. I guess what I was having was a Windows 7 thing. In my Windows 7 if I dock a window right to the top of the screen it jumps to full screen, plus the fact that I probability had it maximized to begin with caused the problem. Anyway in the end I was able to pull the window down and grab the upper corner to re-size the window so it is good now. I would guess that there is a switch in Windows 7 to turn  that feature offs.

Gary

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Actually it is a part of the OS now that if you dock a window to the Right or Left Edge you get half of the screen.  If you dock it to the top you get full screen but Since CM is a plugin and was not written as a full Program the window controls are not in place...

Another enhancement request for Mike....

Greg

Postby -default » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Thanks, guys.  I'll try and re-create this.  I've had a new version in the hopper for several weeks now, and will add this fix, provided I can re-create the problem.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Drag the Frame of CM to the top of Win7 and you'll re-create it...no problemo....

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 - January 2012”