How the conference calls work....

This is the Forum Board for posting to the July 2012 Class
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:14 am

Everyone,
If you are participating in the conference call on Friday at 4:00PM CDT USA you will need some software to do this.

Currently, I use Skype for the audio portion of the calls...it is free and it does not cause too many problems with the video recording process.  If you wish to be on the call please download and install Skype.  My Skype user ID is ggroess.  I am located in Minneapolis Minnesota.  Send me an invite using the Skype search tools and I'll add you to a group for the Friday call.  Please also post your ID to this thread so I can find you if needed.

For the video portion of the call you will need to get a small tool from go.Mikogo.com  See screen shot. 

Choose the connection program method and save the connection program to your desktop after you have the session ID from me.

So...The process will go as follows:
1) I'll be on the Skype session at 3:45PM CDT looking for others to join up.  For the first session please be a bit early as we usually have some connection problems.
2) After we are all on the Skype session I will ask you to go to go.mikogo.com and enter your name and the session ID.  You then download the connection program After the ID is in the field.  Run the program after you have it downloaded and it will join you to my desktop. (hopefully you will then see my desk)
3) Please mute your microphone unless you are asking a question or are making comments as a part of the discussion.  Past experience has shown that background noise makes the video recording hard to follow sometimes. 
4) There will be some lag between myself and the people in Australia..there is not much I can do about that...sorry...I will slow down and please let me know if you are not seeing the video portion very well.  The recorded video is usually just fine and you can watch that again later...

I will be recording the screen share sessions for you to watch again if you like and so that people who miss the session can see what we covered.  These videos will be posted in a day or two after the session.

If you want to; please send me one image or post the image to this thread, that you want me to work on if we have time.  These free form images are usually most helpful in extending the learning to something you want to cover.

Finally...these sessions are for you...please try to make these.  If you want a sample of the calls go to the Curvemeister videos on YouTube and watch a conference call.  ours will be similar but more focused on the class materials.

Please ask questions...
Greg
Attachments
greg05-jpg-4
greg05-jpg-4 (999 Bytes) Viewed 2911 times

Return to “Curvemeister 101 - July 2012”