Show some of your work.

This the forum board for the CM 101 class starting March 2013
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:12 am

If you feel like it...

Please post a few of your images that you have improved using your normal workflow with Curvemeister added.

I would like to see what you have done with CM.
Greg

imported_Tanja

Postby imported_Tanja » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:17 pm

I have only this own one at the time.
All others are not my pictures, only work on them for a little hdr-contest. So I don't know, if it's allowed to show them here.

Attachments
tfrieling-tf-oto-tulpe-copy-jpg
tfrieling-tf-oto-tulpe-copy-jpg (311.85 KiB) Viewed 11232 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Nice...I like it...
Thanks!
Greg

imported_Tanja

Postby imported_Tanja » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:18 pm

Thank you! First flowershot this year.

imported_artmar

Postby imported_artmar » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:33 pm

Looks great Tanja!  Ready to bloom, full of life's energy.

Cheers,
Art

imported_Tanja

Postby imported_Tanja » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:15 am

Thanks Art! This is the time my husband is really bored about my photos  ;D
Every year the same...flowers...
But it's like you said. Life comes up. Every year beautiful again.

Here is one picture from a little hdr contest in a german forum. Just for fun with a small circle of people, who enjoy to practice a little bit.
Not mine picture, only my hdr-version. Don't get a place because of don't make the horizon straight, unnatural colors in the sky (this is germany  ;) ) and don't bring out halos in the trees, which I retouch in this version.

On this picture I realized, that curvemeister now has a important place in my workflow.
Needs a time, because of technical problems, but now it's one of first choises and I'm sure it becomes much more importance with more learning about it.

Greg, hope I find the words to descripe how much I'm with you about "every picture is different".
I'm really glad to be here and with this spirit. This is not popular. All have to work fast and easy now.
See it here in germany specially with the Apps for IPhone-Pictures. Wow-Effekt sometimes, but the user have no idea, what they are doing.
But there is always a "against-wave". For example here. People find it, if they want and search for it.

I tryed some of the PPW-actions on this picture. Seems to be very helpful, when you know what you want (and maybe even if you don't know sometimes), but this is no "full workflow". Only some actions, which makes some steps faster, because manually it's costs more time.
Probably you get a better picture, when you only use this workflow, but of course you don't get the best result you are able to do.
Working on a picture couldnt be automated. Not with the best actions. Not possible.
It's like a good dinner. Couldnt be "fast food". The time you spend in something is everytime in relationship in which comes out. Maybe not in one piece, but in the overall surly.
I fight with the color-correction book of Dan Margulis now over one year. The hardest in photography I ever read and I'm so proud to don't give up. Learn a lot and it's changes my view so much. Can not believe, that he's going to "main-view" now. Always understandable, because there is the money, but would be very sad.

Greetings, Tanja

Attachments
am-meer-2-jpg
am-meer-2-jpg (298.12 KiB) Viewed 11232 times

imported_artmar

Postby imported_artmar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:18 am

Below are the original (from ACR with minimal adjustments) of a photo taken on the Devon coast last fall on an overcast day, and then the image after PP using Curvemeister (and cropping, etc.)  This version with the warm tones was selected from several different renditions as the one I currently prefer -- but opinions will vary, so comments and criticism are most welcome.

Cheers,
Art
Attachments
devon-coast-original-jpg
devon-coast-original-jpg (312.27 KiB) Viewed 11232 times
devon-coast_fin-jpg
devon-coast_fin-jpg (308.66 KiB) Viewed 11232 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Art,
Very nice....

No criticism but how about another point of view??

I saw the picture a bit differently maybe...Go figure...I attached a crop below that I think makes the image equally strong just different.  I did not go through the color corrections steps and only treated the sky a bit to show a different mood. 

There are really very interesting things going on in this frame...Awesome work...really nice...

Greg

Attachments
capture-jpg-39
capture-jpg-39 (140.41 KiB) Viewed 11232 times

imported_artmar

Postby imported_artmar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:43 pm

Thanks much Greg,  I agree, your crop is a very different way of looking at the image, and a different mood entirely. It wouldn't have occurred to me, which is why it's so good to see. Will work on it.

Cheers,
Art

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Honestly Art I found the sky looked "fake"  otherwise the color and contrast were great...
Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 - March 2013”