Thread for all technical problems

This the forum board for the CM 101 class starting March 2013
Daniel Zuck

Postby Daniel Zuck » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:40 pm

Greg:

Sorry, I actually put the four 'workarounds' in the styles folder under the 'stack scripts only folder' which is under 'scripts.'  I could not locate the folder mentioned in the about.com website.  But since the layers work around is supposedly accessed from the 'effects' portion of the editor, and the other 'effects' are also  located in the 'styles' folder, i thought that would work.

dan

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:20 pm

What version of PSE are you using??

If these files end .ATN you have to put them in c:Program FilesAdobeAdobe Photoshop XPresetsPhotoshop Actions

The location of the presetsactions folders has changed over time...
Greg

Daniel Zuck

Postby Daniel Zuck » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Greg:

I use PSE 8

dan

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:03 pm

This is from an accessory site for elements 8: Items in Green can be ignored as needed.  - Greg

Install the Action in the Action Player
The instructions below are for Photoshop Elements 8.0.

Do the following.

1) Close Photoshop Elements.

2) Click the download file on the website.

3) Select Save.

4) Save the file to My Download Files (XP), Download (Vista), or Downloads (Windows 7), or Desktop (Mac).

5) After the file is downloaded, go to the above download location.

6) If the file is in a zip file, double click the zip file to open it.

The action is a file with the extension .atn.

name_of_the_action.atn

The three files below may also be present.

They're not needed for the Action player.

• name_of_the_action.png

• name_of_the_action.thumbnail.jpg

• name_of_the_action.metadata.xml

The files are for actions located in the Effects panel.

7) Place the .atn file in the location below.

If you're using Windows, and can't find the folders below on your computer, go to Hidden Files & Folders.

XP: C: > Documents and Settings > All Users > Application Data > Adobe > Photoshop Elements > x.0 > Locale > en_US > Workflow Panels > actions

Vista: C: > ProgramData > Adobe > Photoshop Elements > x.0 > Locale > en_US > Workflow Panels > actions

Windows 7: C: > ProgramData > Adobe > Photoshop Elements > x.0 > Locale > en_US > Workflow Panels > actions

Mac: Hard Drive > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Photoshop Elements > 8.0 > Locale > en_US > Workflow Panels > actions

8) Open Photoshop Elements.

The program will take a while to become functional, as it has to rebuild the Mediadatabase.db3 file.

If Photoshop Elements opens normally, the Mediadatabase.db3 file wasn't rebuilt.

The action won't appear in the Action Player.

Go to Mediadatabase.db3.

9) Go to Using the Action - Action Player.

Daniel Zuck

Postby Daniel Zuck » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:07 pm

greg:

thanks.  I'll try it.

dan

Daniel Zuck

Postby Daniel Zuck » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:26 pm

Greg:

I'm going to have to buy the latest version of curvemeister because my photoshop elements 8 is corrupted.  Can't even get PSE off of the machine.  Everytime I try to remove it, it does a "rollback" and backs out of the uninstall.

I will be loading PSE 10 onto my Windows 7 machine.  This may take a little time.

Dan

p.s.

Without programming experience I don't think it's a good idea to try to make PSE 8 do something (layer masks) that it wasn't designed to do.  This was entirely my fault.

Daniel Zuck

Postby Daniel Zuck » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Greg:
I sent you an email.  Also, I need to have the serial number of the full version of CM I just purchased, or please send me the link so I can download it.

thanks.
Dan

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:48 pm

If you have CM for PSE it will work with version 10.

If you have that serial number it should be the same.  If not Mike can get it for you.  Let me know what you need.
You can go to the downloads section and get the latest version.

http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;cat=3

Daniel Zuck

Postby Daniel Zuck » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Greg:

I purchased an upgrade so if I want to install the full version of Photoshop it will work.  The previous version I had was only for PSE.  I think I need a download with a new serial number.

I tried your download link and it would not accept the serial number for the old CM I had.  I need a new serial number I think because the version of CM I purchased is for the full version.  And it is for a 64-bit machine.

I'll check my email.

dan

Daniel Zuck

Postby Daniel Zuck » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:48 pm

Greg:

I paid for the full version of CM ($56.00) and I tried to download it using the old serial number that was for PSE ONLY and I was unable to do so. What I did was I ATTEMPTED TO DOWNLOAD THE 32-BIT VERSION THIS TIME from the CM website and link you provided in your email. It appears that unless I get a new serial number for the full version (this was the last category on the website that offered a discount for people who purchased CM for elements only, and I purchased a 3.0 version back in September) I will not be able to download.  I did not try to download CM for PSE only because I purchased the full version.

Do I still owe money?

Dan

Return to “Curvemeister 101 - March 2013”