Postby imported_artmar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Same for me:

Attachments
cm-log-in-jpg
cm-log-in-jpg (25.02 KiB) Viewed 9120 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Ratz...

Ok I'll  move a copy of the video out to a non-secure location.
Greg

Rickypics

Postby Rickypics » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:28 pm

I try to keep my post production time per image under 90 seconds.
I am not crazy about the lighter greens they look too florescent for me.

I tweaked the r/g/b curves with curvemeister, saved it for web, and here it is.
Going to need a lot more help to become proficient with the curvemeister program.
Attachments
rick_hawaii01_2013-jpg
rick_hawaii01_2013-jpg (193.34 KiB) Viewed 9120 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:59 am

For that speed demand you have to be a LAB fan...
We can talk about fast LAB moves that help you out...

RGB can mess with the tonality a bit...

Rick when you shoot volume...do you have a static lighting set up?  If so you can correct 1 image in a set using a bit more time and then re-use the curves.  I do this with the Wedding and Portraiture work I do...

I can have a RGB curve for color and a LAB curve for contrast and saturation.  I save them out for the 1st image and then re-load them for each picture after that.  Once I have the curves I like for the given lighting I can process many images in a short time.

Greg

Rickypics

Postby Rickypics » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:10 am

Greg, I understand about saving corrections and batching them. I do use that when the conditions are correct.
To be truthful, my present skill set could not turn out a better image even with additional time. I wish to have much finer  skills, at whatever cost in time. I am a sponge, so fill me up.
Rick

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:35 am

Here is an updated link to the video.

Greg

http://www.curvemeister.com/video/greg/Library/Library.html

imported_Tanja

Postby imported_Tanja » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Okay, here is my second version. Maybe a little bit overdone ;-).
My problem is, that I don't find a neutral point, so I play with the colors as I want.

Now I start with opening the shadows by using command shadows/highlights, then aplying red channel to the blue.
In cm I use Gregs Tip using the L-Channel for protecting the deep shadows and set a real wrong blackpoint in a shadow area, which was really blue.
Then the inverted L channel for the rest of blue shadows with a curve only in blue channel.
Little bit adjustment by rotate the curves in lab. Flatten in b, pushing in a.
Contrast adjustment only for the left side of the picture by using a gradiant. And one more gradiant for pushing just the sky.
I'm to lazy to clean it up, but great idea from Art.

Is it much to much guys? Still to dark?

Video works now!

Greetings, Tanja
Attachments
hawaii01_2013-second-try-jpg
hawaii01_2013-second-try-jpg (279.08 KiB) Viewed 9120 times

imported_artmar

Postby imported_artmar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi Tanja,

Great articulation of small and large scale detail -- very naturalistic sense of depth from foreground to background.  (My versions -- particularly the second one --  look uninterestingly flat in comparison.)
Your colours are certainly striking and attractive. But maybe there's a yellow cast? We don't know the "true" colour of the rocks unfortunately. Based on the flat light and rather harsh shadows the sun appears to be fairly high in the sky at about the 2 o'clock position (a guess), which may suggest it could be brighter, but I'm finding it difficult to evaluate whether it's too dark independent of the "golden hour" colour saturation. (I hope Greg will tell us what time this photo was taken.)

May I suggest that you post your images a little larger --- somewhere between 1000 and 1200 pixels wide. The larger size would make them easier to view, and enjoy!.

Cheers,
Art

Daniel Zuck

Postby Daniel Zuck » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Very interested in Tanya's procedure.  I like the deep blue sky.  what did she mean when she said "Applying the red channel to the whole rgb in mode "multiply".  Did that mean that after using the red channel in curvemeister she used the multiply blend mode in elements?  How can you use the red channel to make her changes?  How did she use the blue channel (to get the darker sky?)
--dan zuck
Now I'm not sure, what doing next. Shadows in the background rocks are much to blue now and the whole picture is maybe to dark.

Sorry all for my bad english. Hope you understand a little bit.

Return to “Curvemeister 101 - March 2013”