Curvemeister 101 - March 2013 class opens March 24th.

This the forum board for the CM 101 class starting March 2013
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Class will open on the 24th of March 2013.

I want you to know that the first week can be confusing and intimidating and sometimes downright scary if you are new to image correction using curves.  We will do the best we can to get going in the right direction. Some of the experienced users might be putting some stuff out here that makes little sense at first but please....

in the words of Douglas Adams...."DON'T PANIC!" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Adams

The first week of the class is open forum and we allow all Curvemeister forum members to see into the class; there most likely will be a very interesting discussion that usually helps all members to learn something.

After the first week we will "close the door" so to speak and get down to the curriculum written by Mike Russell and myself.  The curriculum is as shown with some minor additions and hopefully tons of discussion.  Our experience over the last 6 years teaching the class has shown that the more discussion that occurs the better everyone in the class learns the materials.  It is possible to sit on the sidelines and take the class without posting your images; but we hope that you will post and comment on each others work. We will make every effort to keep the postings friendly and encouraging.

Do not be afraid to ask questions. 

Our goal is to add Curvemeister to your everyday work flow and make it one of the first tools you look for in your image correction...we will do that by showing you how powerful and hopefully easy it is to use.  If we fail to answer your questions poke us in the side...We'll do whatever it takes.

Thanks for choosing the Curvemeister plug in and for being willing to explore image correction on our forum.

Greg Groess
Mike Russell

Postby -default » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:49 pm

I'd like to brag on Greg just a little. 

He is one of the more wonderful instructors I've encountered.  Not only does Greg have extensive expertise in photography photoshop, and elements, but he is also the kindest, and most patient instructor I have ever encountered.  There is never a discouraging word in Greg's classes, so you can learn in safety, without fear of being criticized.

The biggest advantage of taking a class from Greg is the level of individual instruction that you will receive.  No other online class that I've seen offers this kind of professional attention.  Each of your images will be evaluated and discussed with you.  This is a tremendous educational opportunity that exceeds what you will receive from any other online class currently being offered, and most classes taught in the classroom.

Ok, I may have swelled Greg's head, but it's all true.  Now it's going to be impossible to talk with Greg for a few days.

sjordan93436

Postby sjordan93436 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:22 pm

I agree with Mike.  Greg is great.  I am always amazed all the different ways some faster, some better.  We get in routines and he is a pro and very, very patient.  Some techniques are hard to grasp.

Many times, I would say "how do I get there" and he has the answer.  Or I could do that, but that way is easier and faster.  There are some teachers out there that do not or cannot (Apple fans) use  curvemeister and  make it very complicated. 

BTW, I will also plug --  read the ... manual.  Any complex software or machine has something that just re- reading the manual can.  Photoshop is famous for having several ways to do the same thing. 

imported_Tanja

Postby imported_Tanja » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi Greg, Hi Mike,

I have enough towels  ;) and big interest in that class, but don't find a description how that "class-thing" works.
Is it like a video-conference or just forum? Because I'm from germany and mabe go to bed, when you get up.

Greetings, Tanja

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:25 pm

Glad to hear you know where your towel is.
Here is a link to the Enrollment Materials. 

Read both threads in here...
http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php/board,5.0.html

The class is self paced and the video portion is optional but very worth it.  I try to accommodate all the various time zones that we encounter. The worst is actually the far east or Australia...but we have always figured out a way.  Europe usually works out well.  We also record these sessions so you can play them back and those are available for over a year after the class is finished.

Greg

imported_Tanja

Postby imported_Tanja » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:12 am

Thanks Greg,

I try to find a babel fish and then I'm on board.
Hope, my cheap version brings some fun about funny german english  ;D

Greetings, Tanja

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:06 pm

wonderful...
I look forward to the discussion.
Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:48 pm

So far I have 3 registrations for the class...Thanks you guys...

jerryw
artmar
Daniel Zuck

I f you have purchased a class and your name is not listed please send me a note so I can follow up with the registration system and make sure everyone is in correct.

Thanks!
Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 - March 2013”