How the class conference calls work.

This the forum board for The Curvemeister 101 class starting August 25th 2013
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:02 pm

Everyone,
If you are participating in the conference call on Friday's you will need some software to do this.

Currently, I use Skype for the audio portion of the calls...it is free and it does not cause too many problems with the video recording process.  If you wish to be on the call please download and install Skype.  My Skype user ID is ggroess.  I am located in Minneapolis Minnesota.  Send me an invite using the Skype search tools and I'll add you to a group for the Friday call.  Please also post your ID to this thread so I can find you if needed.

For the video portion of the call you will need to get a small tool from a website I use for conferences 

So...The process will go as follows:
1) I'll be on the Skype session 10 minutes prior to the call looking for others to join up.  For the first session please be a bit early as we usually have some connection problems.

2) After we are all on the Skype session I will ask you to go to the join.me website and enter your name and the session ID. 

3) Please mute your microphone unless you are asking a question or are making comments as a part of the discussion.  Past experience has shown that background noise makes the video recording hard to follow during playback. 

4) There will be some lag between myself and the people in overseas locations ..there is not much I can do about that...sorry...I will slow down as we work and please let me know if you are not seeing the video portion very well.  The recorded video is usually just fine and you can watch that again later...

I will be recording the screen share sessions for you to watch again if you like and so that people who miss the session can see what we covered.  These videos will be posted in a day or two after the session.  I will edit moderately add zooms and mouse click markers and then post a link for you to watch again if you choose.

If you want to; please send me one image or post the image to this thread, that you want me to work on. Your images are most helpful in extending the learning to something you want to cover.

Finally...these sessions are for you...please try to attend.  If you want a sample of the calls go to the Curvemeister videos on YouTube and watch a conference call.  Ours will be similar but more focused on the class materials.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrG2ZcWc32Q

Please ask questions about this if you are unsure.
Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi
What time will the conference calls be happening?
I need to work out if Friday is Thursday or Saturday here.

Julie

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi

I'd like to participate in the call if possible this week.
do you have a time yet

Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:11 am

Yikes...I have not asked Tina...

Tina??  What time Friday??

Greg

tmanley

Postby tmanley » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Anytime is fine with me.  Whatever works with all of the international time zones!

Tina

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Julie and Art...What time of day works best for you?

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Ok,

I'm going to make the call on this how about same as last week.  9:00 AM central time USA.

Greg

tmanley

Postby tmanley » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:14 pm

10 my time.  That's fine with me.  Hope others can join in!

Tina

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi
I think your request for a time came through while I was sleeping.
I'll do my best to make it till midnight.
5+ hours later would be better for me.
I'm better at getting up than staying up.
Must be getting old.
Its not me paying for the class though so I will work around you and tina

Julie

imported_artmar

Postby imported_artmar » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Unfortunately, I have a standing appointment on Fridays at that time.
Will enjoy viewing the video.

Art

Return to “Curvemeister 101 - August 2013”