Colour cast

We love a challenge! If you have an image that you think can be better, post it here and see what the rest of us can do with it.
artmar

Postby artmar » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:46 am

No I didn't use a mask, just a brush, but for replacing the background I think one would approach it by creating a mask for your granddaughter, extracting her, and then placing her on the new background, but I have little experience with that.
I've been meaning to learn Photoshop's Quick Selection Tool for some time now, but there always seems to be something more pressing to learn, and I hardly even want to replace a background, although this image would be a compelling reason to learn.
I see that there are lots of tutorials on Youtube for replacing a background -- if you learn how, you can teach the rest of us ;-)

Art

Ganna

Postby Ganna » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:49 am

I tried with Topaz Mask, but still not right. Would work better if the contrast between her hair and background was greater. Just an image to play with, but not to be proud of (talking about the image, not the content :-) )
Attachments
mine-2
mine-2 (325.11 KiB) Viewed 8296 times

artmar

Postby artmar » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:11 am

Looks good! -- you did a nice job blurring the background while retaining the strands of her hair.

Art

Ganna

Postby Ganna » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:38 am

Really tried all kinds of tricks, but it is impossible (for me) to create the perfect mask. The contrast between the hair and background is not clear enough. Was a good exercise though

Return to “Want us to work on one of your images?”