Milky way

We love a challenge! If you have an image that you think can be better, post it here and see what the rest of us can do with it.
imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Sat May 10, 2014 10:27 am

My first ever shot of the milky way. Please advice and discuss.  Image is a panorama of 3 shots. Settings 15seconds f4 and ISO 6500
I removed all filters from lense.  Noise reduction Nik Dfine. Not sure about the colour. There is a town ±30Km (20miles)away and the glow lower down in the sky was visible.
Took image ±9:30pm (sunset here ±5:30pm)
Attachments
melkweg-jpg
melkweg-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 7454 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat May 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Wow Martin...
I have yet to try that...

From my passenger seat drivers position...

The issues with the image are not related to the color.  While you can push the heck out of the colors in LAB; only you will know what you saw that night.  Ask yourself what looks real and what your minds eye remembers. That should lead you to the right color choices.

For an added twist... I would re-shoot and while the shutter is open I would paint the trees with light by using a flash or an LED Flashlight.  You have quite a bit of time you could even extend it more maybe  to 30 seconds.  A large light would get enough exposure into the trees for some shadow details which I think would make the image a real champion.

Now I have to go do this for myself...
Greg

imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Mon May 12, 2014 7:20 am

Thanks Greg, have to wait for another cloudless night :)

Return to “Want us to work on one of your images?”