Richard deLuca's Cat

We love a challenge! If you have an image that you think can be better, post it here and see what the rest of us can do with it.

Postby -default » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:13 am

Here's Andy Hall's version of the image.  I must say this is remarkably free of jaggies compared to the original.  I converted it to jpg so that it would upload.  I'll keep Andy's original tif file on hand for a few weeks, available on request. - Mike

His description follows:
I took a shot at it.  I got rid of some of the background noise and upsized to 4x6 at 360 dpi using about 6 different methods and kept the one that looked the best.  I saved it as a tif to try to keep the quality up.  I couldn't upload it, but here it is.

Andy ;-)

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:58 pm

I was wondering about the blue cast in the eyes and cyan cast on fur. Also red color of floor is not so familiar to me. Used lab mode, set shadow and neutral. Slight adjustemens on lightness curve, made cat a little darker. Adjusted both a an b to get rid of blue/cyan cast.

Erkki

Postby -default » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:05 pm

Good point about the cyan in the fur - I hadn't noticed.  Probably OK in the eyes though. 

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:38 am

Hi,

Noise reduction in Noise ninja
Corrected colour i RGB based on fur and pupil to my liking
Contrast in HSB using contrast masks (2)
selective color correction eyes and fur
blurring floor on right side (quick mask)
increased size using bi-cubic in 7 steps to 903x1200 pixels for target resolution 200 dpi at 4x6 inch
sharpening head with focus magic
cloning away some obvious artefact's around the ear

Regards
Björn-Olof

Return to “Want us to work on one of your images?”