"Patterns" - Photo Assignment, August 2012

We want to see you out shooting pictures!
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:33 pm

August brings a new Photo Assignment to help encourage us all to get outdoors taking pictures ; )

This month's assignment is 'Patterns.' If you'd like to participate, all you need to do is photograph your interpretation of 'Patterns' and submit your images (up to 3) to our Facebook page* (www.facebook.com/Curvemeister) by our submission deadline (25th August).

Between 25th and 30th August — as a community — we will all have the opportunity to vote for our favourite image(s), and if you're participating you will be able to promote your image(s) via Facebook, Twitter, or email (allowing your friends to vote for them)!

The winning image will win a free Curvemeister 101 course (or a personal consultation with Greg Groess if preferred)!

We can't wait to see your photographs — last month's were great! Good luck to you all!

The Curvemeister Team.

Follow us on:
facebook.com/curvemeister
twitter.com/curvemeister
pinterest.com/curvemeister

*When you get to our Facebook page, click the 'Photo Assignment' link at the top to get to the submissions page. The submissions page contains full details of the contest.

jlowell

Postby jlowell » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:08 pm

I like the idea of Curvemeister competitions. However, I do not want to sign up for Facebook or any other social media site. I already get way too many invitations, solicitations and junk mail in general.

How about holding your competitions (or at least allowing access to your competitions) through a non-social Media site?

Thanks for your consideration.

Jim Lowell
A long-term Curvemeister user.

leeharper_admin

Postby leeharper_admin » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Jim,

Although we are offering a prize, we are doing so only to encourage participation; we don't really envisage this as a Curvemeister Competition as such - these are "Photo Assignments", designed to provide our non-professional photographers with an "assignment" (and hopefully a welcome photographic opportunity). Hopefully you'll take advantage of the opportunity to take some photographs based upon the theme, for your own enjoyment.

The reason that we are using a "social" site is specifically because we want to encourage social interactions; we really want to engage all of our existing forum community, but we also want to find ways to keep the Curvemeister community growing (to keep it vibrant and dynamic, and bring in fresh ideas that we can all benefit from); therefore having a Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest presence is very important to us.

Thank you for your comments,
Lee.

jlowell

Postby jlowell » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Lee,

Thank you for the reply. I do understand the desire to get Curvemeister users to talk to one another and share their questions and expertise.

Jim

leeharper_admin

Postby leeharper_admin » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:42 am

Hi Jim,

No problem ;) As you say, there is a lot of expertise amongst the community, and from that expertise new techniques can be discovered and we can all help one another along. We are trying various things to try to stimulate more conversation, and everyones' comments are very valuable to us.

You've got us thinking that we ought to be considering a forum-based Curvemeister competition of some kind, to run alongside the Photo Assignments - something that is oriented around color correction. We'll let you know when we've pinned that down...

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback; it's by sharing with one another that we all benefit.

Lee.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:10 pm

I think That we cannot have Chris be the only person entering the contest...Get those shutters clicking people...
It was a blast to have an assignment to shoot for.  I sometimes forget that taking pictures "just because" is one of the main reasons I took up a camera in the first place.

Open your minds eye and see all the patterns around you!

Greg
Attachments
pattern1-jpg
pattern1-jpg (293.59 KiB) Viewed 11914 times

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 am

Hi
My images are now in the assignemnt for this month - thanks for that Lee.
I found this really challenging - placing my images in the public domain for comment - cause they are ususally just for me.
Its done now and it was not so hard.
It made me think about past images differently and also made me go out and figure out what I could do woth the word 'patterns'.
Only went into the backyard, but it was fun.
I would encourage everyone to have a go.

Julie

Return to “Photo Assignments”