Photoshop New Features

Share your quick and clever Photoshop, Elements, or Curvemeister techniques here!
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:46 am

Hi Everybody,

I thought it might be another way of notifying Adobe that there are some urgent bugs to be fixed. There is always features request, but this time with graphical mockup. I thought it might be a good idea that I share some ideas involving a future enhancement for curves and levels manipulation using contour heights feature. Take a look please:

http://dabbagh2.fortunecity.com/pscsx

I hope you like it all.

Mohamed Al-Dabbagh
Senior Graphic Designer

Postby -default » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:32 pm

Welcome to the group, Mohamed.  Your ideas, as always, are fresh and interesting.  I didn't see any curves suggestions though! :-(

Take care.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:41 pm

Welcome to the group, Mohamed.  Your ideas, as always, are fresh and interesting.  I didn't see any curves suggestions though! :-(

Take care.

Wow Mike,

you are making a great success with your curvemeister tool. You were always that master of all masters in curves affairs. Congratulations for all what you did, especially this elegant UI.

If you take a look at the tool I suggested for manually specifying depths using graded contours, you may change mind! It will be helpful to have some info about the image depths. According to the depths we may fine-tune, for example, curves tools to deal with a range of depths rather than dealing with the whole image (as a flat image). Selecting a certain portion of the image would be good. However, depths' contours will deal with the image as if there are peeks and valleys. The Lighting conditions will differ accordingly. The field depth provided by these contours will also help lens blur to do better. Therefore, we can zoom in and out to emphasize sparkles within eye or the gloss within lips!

Dealing with a contour range even provide a method of simulating slight light changes by putting a lighting source (with a custom color) much similar to the current layer styles light source. If you further take a look, you will see that knowing the original source of light angle along with the depths contours will provide you with an instant means of choosing the best lighting angle such that you have better controls on some unwanted glosses, such as the case with bald heads. You will be able to elemenate the alot of imperfections, practically with minimizing the latex face effect! You will be able to retain acne traces and face porosity using a slight shift of lighting (or even add more light sources) without blurring or healing them. Thanks to contour depths, lighting will generate a wholy new range of midtones and shadows that will make levels, curves and shadow/heighlight even more precise.

I hope you a lot of success. My greetings to all members in this unique forum.  8)

Mohamed Al-Dabbagh
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to “Tips and Tricks”