Blend If option

Do you have a systematic way to process your images?
imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:24 pm

I've previously missed this one. Thanks a lot  :-*

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:44 am

Zog,

This is why I am trying to learn from you as well...I am afraid of times like this where as a carpenter, holding my hammer, everything begins to look like a nail.

I would have to say that while I can correct this in CM I cannot approach the fine details of the blend if.  The mask is still far to coarse for this kind of correction...Perhaps in a future release you might see something that allows you to approach that level of blending..

Greg

Postby -default » Sat May 09, 2009 8:37 pm

The broader point is well taken - if Curvemeister were an improvement on the hammer or saw, that should not deter anyone from using pliers or sandpaper.  The blend-if sliders are an incredibly valuable tool, though they do require a mode conversion in order to use a channel from that mode as a mask. 

Curvemeister already supports a single channel blend-if, in the form of straight lined curves on a mask channel.  IOW, for each *single channel* blend-if has an equivalent mask/curve combination in Curvemeister.  Once you go to multiple channels, blend-if has the edge, though this could be addressed also by having multiple masks in Curvemeister.

The splittable sliders in blend-if are more convenient than curves, which is the same as saying there are situations where a levels-style slider control is more convenient than curves.  Who'da thunk it?

Return to “What's your Workflow”