Little Boy Mad (Work Flow)

Do you have a systematic way to process your images?
imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:46 pm

Greg, thanks for the explination. You are shaking the rust out of the old horses :)

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:27 pm

4) Background Lighting mis-match 
Part 2

1) Flatten   This could certainly be simpler but I wanted to break it down a bit so bear with me...

2) Create another background copy layer open the layer copy in CM and select the mask channel, in this case I chose the b channel from LAB for the same reasons...the contrast difference between the majority of the face and the background means I should be able to pull a fairly solid mask out of the process. Shot1

3) Adjusted the mask in CM to make it high contrast.. , Set the mask blur to light in CM which blurs the edge slightly and makes the mask easier to hide. Shot2

4) Pasted the mask back into PS on the layer copy as a mask I then painted out the white space in the face and added white to the top corners to complete the cutout. shot3

5) Rather than fight too hard for the background color I decided to try the "tungsten to daylight" curve from the library folder in CM. to get there, open the image in CM as before and press the load button.  Drill down to the library folder as shown in shot 4a.

6) Click on the Incandescent to Daylight-RGB.acv file and it will load to CM.  Press load. shot4

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:34 pm

And Finally.....

Here are the before and after....We could do more..we certainly could do less...
In the last steps not shown I did some mild clone stamping to remove some facial blemishes and added a light blur to take the edge off the skin a bit.

Still not sure I like that but it needed something....

Greg

Return to “What's your Workflow”