Plugin Location

Got a Photoshop or Elements question? This is the place to get it answered.
Gary

Postby Gary » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:44 pm

Hi Greg.. I am now using PhotoshopCC but whenI try and install Curvmeister it does not show up in the filter menue. I tried moving it manually to the C/Programs/adobe/PhotoshoCC/plugins folder but it still does not show up. I just moved the bf file. Thanks.

Gary

P.S. Is there any changes in the new course your putting on?

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:18 am

When did you take it last?

There have been some updates.  101 is really about getting into curves and how the interface works as well as the items on the syllabus.
I think the biggest change in the last year has been the Friday sessions on-line.  They are a real treat for everyone myself included. 

As to your CC problem.  We have a number of users that have it working.

Try placing the filter in the folders below:
C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)Plug-insFilterscurvemeister3.8bf 
C:Program Files (x86)AdobeAdobe Photoshop CCPlug-insFilterscurvemeister3.8bf

If you have the 32 bit filter it will not run in the 64 bit CC.  Just to be sure.

Greg

Gary

Postby Gary » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi Greg.. I uninstalled Cuurvemeister and reinstalled it but it still does not work. The file Curvemiester3.8bf is located here C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)Plug-inscurvemeister3.8bf however I do not have the Filters folder the Curvemeister plugin is just in the Plugins Folder. All my other plugins such as Topaz or OnOne are also in the Plugins folder and and they work.

I took your course two years ago, I think it was the first year you did the Friday sessions however I think there were only two of us for that course.

Gary

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:42 pm

2 things...

Does it show up on the filters list in Photoshop  See shot1 below: 
If so you might have to reload your preferences file.

Do you have a secondary Filters folder configured?  Photoshop allows you to put plugins into a specific folder:  see shot 2 below:
If you have a folder configured put the 8bf file there.

Attachments
shot1-jpg-2
shot1-jpg-2 (86.47 KiB) Viewed 10817 times
shot2-jpg
shot2-jpg (58.78 KiB) Viewed 10817 times

Gary

Postby Gary » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi Greg  Curvemeister is not listed in the Help menue

Adobe the ability to specify a folder to put you plugins in with PhotoshopCC claims it causes too many problems with users. I found this solution on the Internet that works believe it on not!!

Someone suggested that if you open Bridge CC with PS CC closed and then sent an image to PS CC the filters would appear.  I just got Bridge CC and tried it and all of my filters appeared.  It didn't work until I followed exactly that order of opening.  If you open Bridge from PS, it doesn't work.  If you open PS and then Bridge, it doesn't work.  But if PS is closed and you send an image from Bridge to PS, all the filters appear.

Curvemeister is now in my filter menue.

Gary

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:25 am

Wow..
Others have reported that as well.

To me that is a bug...If you have the filter you have the filter...
How you get to Photoshop should not matter...

Thanks for the update.
Greg

Return to “Questions about Photoshop and Elements”