new to CS3

Got a Photoshop or Elements question? This is the place to get it answered.
imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:18 am

I have transferred from elements to CS3 recently. All the photos transferred with notes that I had added in elements. These are displayed in the metadata panel in file properties on the right of the screen when viewing mode 1. There is a label 'Notes' which is at the bottom of the panel under colour profile. I find these very useful but cannot figure out how to add them to new photos. I can add descriptions to the IPTC Core but not to file properties.

Can anyone help please
Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Julie,
Have you used Bridge? 
The Bridge application is like the file browser in PSE.  It is not linked directly to CS3 like the browser is in elements but it functions in a very similar manner.

Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:11 am

hello greg

yes I am in bridge. Forgot to mention that. I just cannot figure out how to put new notes on a photo. it is there on the old photos ransferred from elements but there is no option that I can find that says 'notes' can be added to the metadata panel in bridge.

Still having geat fun with curves although every now and then i think my head might explode! i will definitely do another course later in the year.  I have to go back to university for one unit for the first half of the year but once that is finished back to curvemeister.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:21 am

Go to Tools>create metadata template. 

You can then check off the items you want to add to the file and fill in the template.
If you save the template you can always add the same data from that template.

Greg

Return to “Questions about Photoshop and Elements”