Photoshop CS4

Got a Photoshop or Elements question? This is the place to get it answered.
mdavis

Postby mdavis » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:49 am

I just received my copy of CS4 yesterday and have had a bit of time fiddling with it.  I keep expecting new versions to "steal" Mike's ideas (hope you have them copyrighted, Mike), but no, it's still the same old curves dialog box, no LAB curves, no individual point placement on channel curves, and little of the control over masking that Curvemeister has given us.

So the question now is, does Curvemeister work in Vista 64 with CS4?  I'm not going to try until Mike gives me the "OK."  If not, is it planned?  If not, CS4 will grow old and moldy while I'm using CS3 with Curvemeister.  And, no, I'm not paid to advertise for Curvemeister and Mike didn't put me up to this.  I'm just a very happy customer that would be much happier if CM works in CS4!

Postby -default » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:48 pm

Hi Mike,

Yes, it works, though there is a glitch that on some systems requires resizing the Curvemeister window initially to allow the preview image to update.  I'm working on this one.  You will need to select the install plugin folder manually, since the 3.0.8 installer does not yet know about CS4.

64 bit is on the way, and will be available free of charge to Curvemeister 3 owners.

Return to “Questions about Photoshop and Elements”