layers/Curvemeister

Got a Photoshop or Elements question? This is the place to get it answered.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:37 pm

Is it possible to make the Curvemeister adjustments as a adjustment layer in PSE4? If so what is the procedure?
Thanks Joe S

Postby -default » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:42 pm

Hi Joe,

Althought many people have requested it, Curvemeister does not support adjustment layers.  The reason for this is that if you curve an image in Lab mode, there is no equivalent RGB curve to get the same result.  I've been thinking of a way around this limitation, but so far no good solution has occurred to me.

Normally, I want to simply change what's in the original image, and not use a layer at all.  When I want to have a layer, I duplicate the layer by dragging the layer icon onto the "new" icon at the bottom of the layer palette, and then run Curvemeister on the copy.  This allows me to use layer options, such as transparency and masking, and also to quickly go back to the original if necessary.

BTW - if you want to use a layer mask, and your version of Elements does not support layer masks for images, group it with an adjustment layer that does not do anything and you will have the equivalent of Photoshop's layer masks.

Return to “Questions about Photoshop and Elements”