correcting purple color cast in old Gevaert film slides when scanned

Got a Photoshop or Elements question? This is the place to get it answered.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon May 22, 2006 11:32 pm

I have a number of 40 year old Gevaert film slides, all of which have an overall purple color cast. There are not always white points or mid greys to use as a point of reference. I am looking for a procedure that I can repeat with each slide as all have the same problem. Any help much appreciated. I mostly use PSE 4 with the Curvemeister plugin. dk

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue May 23, 2006 7:39 am

DK,

does it look like :http://www.curvemeister.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=36

Then you can follow what is written by each photo there.

Frits
p.s.  I have also p.s. 4.0  and curious to the real solution!

Postby -default » Sat May 27, 2006 9:00 am

I have a number of 40 year old Gevaert film slides, all of which have an overall purple color cast. There are not always white points or mid greys to use as a point of reference. I am looking for a procedure that I can repeat with each slide as all have the same problem. Any help much appreciated. I mostly use PSE 4 with the Curvemeister plugin. dk

If the purple cast is consistent throughout the image, an Lab curve where you move the magenta and blue ends of the a and b curves, respectively, may do the trick.  You may be able to use the same curve for all of them.  It's likely adjusting will be required, using your main curve as a starting point.

Perhaps you can upload one of the images for the rest of us to try our hand at.

Return to “Questions about Photoshop and Elements”