Spyder2PRO

Got a Photoshop or Elements question? This is the place to get it answered.

Postby -default » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:39 pm

It looks like you've solved the problem then.  Congratulations.

BBushe

Postby BBushe » Thu May 11, 2006 12:28 am

I had a lot of 'fun' trying to get my monitorsto look similar, especially since one is CRT and one LCD.

Your blackpoint seems rather high, don't the blacks look a bit washed out?

With the CRT (Sony GDM-F520) I was able to change the brightness (and contrast) of the RGB channels individually. With the LCD (Hyundai L90D+) I only had brightness and contrast, but found changing the brigthness changed the RGB values. Colorvision recommend setting the LCD monitor to factory defaults before calibration but that always seems to leave the monitor way to bright (whitepoint almost 200 Cd) but I went against that and fiddled with the controls until I got the RGB values balanced and the blackpoint and whitepoint to similar values to the CRT.

I just found this site, which seems to agree with what I found for the DVI LCD settings:

http://thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/colorwasher/Manual/monitorcalibration.htm

finding recommend blackpoint and whitepoint settings is difficult

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu May 11, 2006 9:15 am

I had a lot of 'fun' trying to get my monitorsto look similar, especially since one is CRT and one LCD.

I have it not expericienced as "fun", but very difficult.  First , I thought it was impossible.
( by the way , I am dutch, and the english spellchecker does not work for me, till I set the whole account to english)

when you look good to the picture what I have placed above, you could see that there was no room for that.
With the Medion Monitor I can go so low as 0,47 CD with a maximum whitepoint CD of 161,80
But with the Flatron monitor i can go to 0,22 CD and with a maximum White point CD of 139,30
I had to make this list for myself, then first I do not succeeded in making the good choice.
I was already thinking to try to set the Blackpoint  lower, perhaps 0,47.  The Flatron can reach that to.

Colorvision recommend setting the LCD monitor to factory defaults before calibration but that always seems to leave the monitor way to bright (whitepoint almost 200 Cd) but I went against that and fiddled with the controls until I got the RGB values balanced and the blackpoint and whitepoint to similar values to the CRT.

For the Medion monitor I can indeed reset the monitor to default state. But this does not work for the Flatron monitor. I doe that with hand and set the brightness an contrast to the middle-value of 50.
But fiddling you said , looks to me not the right way.
I  have choosen a particulair whitepoint maximum CD. This time 113 CD for instance.
Also the blackpoint. You can do this with the Spyder2Pro program on each monitor.
When you do that for each monitor the same ( also the same Kelvin) then the end-result must look the same.
You can  control that afterward by giving up different colors and measure the results and compare that with the other monitor. When it is right, it gives the same CD output.

I just found this site, which seems to agree with what I found for the DVI LCD settings:

http://thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/colorwasher/Manual/monitorcalibration.htm

finding recommend blackpoint and whitepoint settings is difficult

thanks for the site, I go studdy that!

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu May 11, 2006 9:19 am

I was forgoten that question! No the blacks looks not  a bit washed out, to me !

Return to “Questions about Photoshop and Elements”