Templates for colour plates

If you have an idea for a new feature or other improvement to Curvemeister, this is the place to propose, discuss, and even vote on it. All suggestions are welcome, even the ones that are impossible!
histor

Postby histor » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:55 am

Davinci Resolve has a nice feature: an adjustable model of colour calibration plate (see the picture attached and video on their site). In terms of Curvemeister it should look like a set of pins attached to the flexible grid. Making such a template may be a good timesaver for people using custom plates and pinning dosen on colours each time.
Attachments
davinciresolve_color_plate
davinciresolve_color_plate (999 Bytes) Viewed 8684 times

gregmeister_admin

Postby gregmeister_admin » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Interesting...
I'll have to go watch the video.

Greg
Seeing is more than meets the eye.

Greg Groess
Curvemeister Instructor

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:12 am

We are very close to supporting this. If you can keep the color checker or other target in the same position, Curvemeister allows you to save a set of pins to fixed locations, load them onto a new image, and display deltaE values for each pin. If necessary, you can drag the pins around manually.

Mike

histor

Postby histor » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:11 am

I wish it worked. I can Save sample points -> To File... and it saves a .edr2-file. But trying Load sample points always causes Photoshop to crash. I've tested both 32 and 64-bit of Photopshop CS6 and CC 2014. My OS is Windows 7 x64, no special restrictions are applied to the file.
One extra check: if the .edr2-file is blank, it reports Attempted to access an unnamed file past its end. It crashes only while reading "normal" sample point files.
But, to be fair, it's absolutely non-critical for me )

Return to “Vote on and Discuss New Features”