frequency separation - add?

If you have an idea for a new feature or other improvement to Curvemeister, this is the place to propose, discuss, and even vote on it. All suggestions are welcome, even the ones that are impossible!
Doug.S

Postby Doug.S » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Suggestion: since frequency separation (FS) is a valuable tool in the arsenal, Can you add some or all of the capabilities to generate the masks in CM?

I realize actions can be done in Ps and FS requires layers and CM may not be able to handle a set of layers....

but mask creation and export for use in Ps might add a new feature in CM to gain more users since FS seems hard to use by many people and an "easy" tool/masks might be valuable.  And some means on non-destructible adjustments may be needed to maximize use; even if it perhaps used smart layers in Ps.

Doug.S

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:26 pm

CM does respect the layers in PS and can be used as a smart filter on a layer. 
I'll nudge Mike to look at this but, CM does export a channel as a mask as a flat image copy to the clip board to be pasted to layer masks. 

CM can handle a set of layers from outside as a stack from PS but not from within CM as separate layers in the module.  Some things are best left to PS.

Greg

Postby -default » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:36 pm

The examples of Frequency separation that I'm familiar uses two or more layers, with differing levels of detail in the various layers.  There are no masks involved.  So I guess I'm not sure exactly what you would want CM to accomplish.

I've often thought of a mask exporter plugin, but it would be separate from CM, and not built-in. 

Doug.S

Postby Doug.S » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:08 pm

Thanks,

I did not know about how much CM could do with layers and smart objects etc.....will look deeper.

Somehow I was thinking the image detail layers in Ps for hi and lo freq. could be either created with or adjusted with a mask....but now that you mention that Ps uses filters on gray filled layers, I may be wrong about a CM feature to help with FS work.

Thanks for replying.

Doug

Return to “Vote on and Discuss New Features”