Ribbon: should it stay or should it go?

If you have an idea for a new feature or other improvement to Curvemeister, this is the place to propose, discuss, and even vote on it. All suggestions are welcome, even the ones that are impossible!

Postby -default » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:17 pm

As Curvemeister develops, we'll be taking some things away, as well as adding new features.  The ribbon is fairly expensive in terms of screen space, and development effort.

Is the ribbon really useful to you, or would you just as soon see it go away in the next major rev of Curvemeister and be replaced by something like user configurable toolbars?

BTW - most people do not know Curvemeister can already hide the ribbon, and you can configure your own toolbars and buttons.

RonBoyd

Postby RonBoyd » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:28 pm

In those terms -- future improvement vs Ribbon -- I can do without the Ribbon.

Postby -default » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi Ron,

Good to hear from you!

As Curvemeister gets more and more features, I'd like to consider streamlining features that turned out to be not that useful, to keep the program smaller and simpler.  The Ribbon is one obvious area for consideration, but if there are people who like having it there, we could keep it, and simplify other areas.

dkrassen

Postby dkrassen » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Hello.

I personally like the ribbon.  I also use and have customized the "toolbar" of icons to get to certain options faster.  I also extensively use the options from clicking the mouse; for example I select the mouse option (new sample point) for adding a hue clock rather than using the Alt-Click.  I also use the mouse option to select  the shadow, highlight, etc.

One enhancement I would like,  is to make the "black" dots for as elected point on the curves darker or even a color other than black (color of curve) so it is easier to differentiate the point from the curve.  Perhaps, you can add a setting that would permit the user to select the color of the "dot" on the curves.

Hope this information offers you some insight into the manner in which I use CM.

Thank you
David Krassen

Postby -default » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanks, David.

Glad you like the ribbon - many hours went into it, and the jury is still out.

Re the curve color.  Do you mean the control points, or the "worm" that moves along the curve?  If you mean the worm, the latest version of CM makes the worm darker.

dkrassen

Postby dkrassen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:14 am

Hello.

I am running CM 3 version 3.3.5

The "worm" shows up fine.  I often have difficulty viewing the control points on the curves; if you make then darker and larger that would be great. 

Thank you
David Krassen

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:34 am

How about cross hairs?

Greg

Postby -default » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:18 am

They would have to be surveyor's marks.

dkrassen

Postby dkrassen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Hello

Please explain what you mean by surveyor's marks?

Thank you
David Krassen

Postby -default » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:40 pm

There was a web page with cross hairs on a map, and names of opponents.  Later, after an actual shooting, it was explained that the cross hairs were for surveyors marks, not gun sights.

Return to “Vote on and Discuss New Features”