Photoshop CS4 and 64 bit support

If you have an idea for a new feature or other improvement to Curvemeister, this is the place to propose, discuss, and even vote on it. All suggestions are welcome, even the ones that are impossible!

Postby -default » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Unfortunately, I did not get 64 bit done before my trip to Costa Rica.  This means there will be a 20 day hiatus, during which 64 bit development - and all development - will be on hold.

I apologize for the delay, as I know how important this feature is to people who use 64 bit Photoshop, and it will remain my highest priority after I return from a long session of animal photography.

Glossy

Postby Glossy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:10 pm

Thank you very much for the heads up.
I had an unrelated question.
Without revealing the secret of Curvemeister, is there a way for you to add some unsharp mask option on the L* channel while in CM.
I am not sure if internally CM goes to Lab* and back or not.
I was just thinking that it is one of the think that is nice to do in Lab*.

Cheers,

Luc.

A very good idea.
I think add a separately adjustably gaussian blur on the A-, B- and the L channels in CM , would be also very useful for better skys, skins anf for remove of artifacts (JPG).

Greetings Wolfgang

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:08 am

First Hawaii trips up x64, then it's Costa Rica's turn to get the blame -- what's all this, is the formerly so well-run Curvemeister Corp. turning into an always-on-holidays Banana Republic?! ;-)

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:21 am

I would say so....
I want his vacation schedule...

nothing else..just the vacations....

Greg

Postby -default » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:05 am

I'm poaching internet from a free service in La Fortuna, Costa Rica, after having spent an exciting afternoon zipping down cables in the jungle.  Last night I watched a lava flow (more correctly a pyroclastic flow) down the volcano out of our hotel room window.

It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

All of this has a purpose: my mind will be ready to tackle 64 bits afresh on my return.

Postby -default » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:55 am

After returning from a three week trip to Costa Rica, I'm working once again full time on the 64 bit version of Curvemeister 3.  Once again, I realize how important this feature is, and apologize for the length of time it is taking.

That said, I did make some progress today, clearing away two different bugs that prevented the curve control from linking and registering in 64 bit mode.  I'm hoping that this leaves me very close to having something that I can package and release shortly.

Postby -default » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:20 am

As of today I have a functional 64 bit Curvemeister.  The last remaining step is to create an installer for it, which should take about 24 hours. 

Please keep in mind this first version will be beta material.  Although I will do a reasonable amount of testing, it will very likely to crash.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:17 am

The clock is ticking.... ;D
Nothing like 3 weeks on a nice hot climate to get a man back on its feet.

Cheers,

Luc.

Postby -default » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:41 am

Luc - I've added you to the CM beta group. 
http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php?board=52.0

In the next few minutes, I'll provide info about downloading the 64 bit beta installer.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu May 07, 2009 5:16 am

so how's the beta coming?  I can't wait to get my hands on a working 64Bit CM!!!!

Thanks,

Bill

Return to “Vote on and Discuss New Features”