Gray Point On/Off

If you have an idea for a new feature or other improvement to Curvemeister, this is the place to propose, discuss, and even vote on it. All suggestions are welcome, even the ones that are impossible!
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue May 13, 2008 3:06 am

Hi there,

I have been using CM3 for quite some time.  Am not too experienced with all its bells and whistles so usually choose the basic 'Wizard' route.

Selecting a gray point is very useful but it would be great to have a preview switch to see what is happening with the selection.  At the moment, I have to either move the gray point around, which does not give an on/off comparison, or delete it, go back, then forward to select another gray point.

May be there is a switch hidden away somewhere?  If so, where?

Many thanks,

Rex

derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Tue May 13, 2008 6:50 am

May be there is a switch hidden away somewhere?  If so, where?

The "Compare" button? Or you can toggle any point on or off (I think that's "Disable" from the point context menu but am not in front of a Photoshop machine right now so I can't check).

I'm not sure what's available from the wizard, so maybe it's time to strike out on your own and explore the features? :)

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed May 14, 2008 2:07 am

Hi Rex,

If the "compare" button doesn't give you what you want, (since it also negates the other points you've set) you can regain the gray point tool with the ctrl-n shortcut, and move from del to ctrl-n as many times as you care to. Then you can move on in Wizard if you so choose.
But I have to agree with Derek, I'll bet it's time to play around with some of the other features:) The masks are my personal favorites as far as features go.

Gloria

Postby -default » Wed May 14, 2008 7:39 am

Hi Rex,

Right click on the neutral point, and select "Disable Pin".

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed May 14, 2008 11:08 am

So I imagine you can make a shortcut for that? So you can toggle easily?
Wait a minute, I see if you have the color sample tab showing in the ribbon, you can just press "disable pin" to toggle the effects on and off.
Thanks, Rex  :).

Postby -default » Wed May 14, 2008 11:20 am

Actually this one will toggle.  You can also assign it to a keyboard shortcut, or drag it as a button to a toolbar.

The only catch is that the pin in question needs to be selected for the command to operate.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Gentlemen,

Sorry to have taken so long to get back to this topic.

I have tried the various suggestions. Disable Pin in the Colour Sample ribbon may be switches the pin off, but it does not allow me to compare the grey sample point before and after.  Also, it switches off the ribbon; hit the Colour Sample button and the ribbon reappears but the disable pin button does nothing because nothing happened when I disable it.  Same with right clicking.

But Compare does seem to do what I am looking for.

Thanks,

Rex

Postby -default » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 am

I'm not understanding all this, but it looks as if you have fround a solution.

Return to “Vote on and Discuss New Features”