Landscape/portrait curves dialog

If you have an idea for a new feature or other improvement to Curvemeister, this is the place to propose, discuss, and even vote on it. All suggestions are welcome, even the ones that are impossible!
derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:57 pm

When I bring up the CM filter, the curves window appears in the same size and location as I last left it, which is rather nice of it. However, when working with a landscape image I have it across the bottom with the channel curves side by side. When I'm working on a portrait image I like it in a narrow tower shape, with the curves one above the other. These two window shapes give me best use of my sadly rather limited screen real estate (1280x1024).

Would it be possible to store both CM layouts so that if I open an image that's taller than it is wide (i.e. portrait) it uses one layout, and if I open an image that's wider than it is tall (i.e. landscape) it uses the other? Save me fiddling with the window sizes each time! This feature should probably be switchable so those with dual monitors, or big enough screens not to have the issue can turn it off and always get their single, preferred layout.

Postby -default » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:23 am

Nice idea, and not hard to implement.  I'll add it to the list of possible features.

Postby -default » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:27 am

This is in the current CM2 beta

derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:19 pm

This is in the current CM2 beta

Which is which version? I've downloaded the latest beta from the website which is apparently 2.4.9, but that a) is labeled in the About box as 2.4.8, and b) doesn't seem to demonstrate this feature!

Postby -default » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:08 pm

The feature is implemented by saving two different layouts, one for vertical images and another for horizontal.

Thanks for the note about the version number being wrong - confusing to say the least!

derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:36 pm

The feature is implemented by saving two different layouts, one for vertical images and another for horizontal.

Thanks for the note about the version number being wrong - confusing to say the least!

I downloaded the latest version from the website this afternoon - 2.4.9, although it's labeled as 2.4.8. I couldn't get the feature to work. I tried various images of various sizes, resizing the CM dialog, hitting OK each time. I couldn't get it to do anything other than open the CM dialog in the same size/position as the last time, regardless of the size or shape of the images I was working on. Either it's not working for me or it's not made it into the CM version I'm running.

Postby -default » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:31 am

Derek,  this feature will be in Curvemeister 3, but it is not in Curvemeister 2.  I apologize for the misinformation.

Return to “Vote on and Discuss New Features”