Current Curve Window to be STICKY

If you have an idea for a new feature or other improvement to Curvemeister, this is the place to propose, discuss, and even vote on it. All suggestions are welcome, even the ones that are impossible!
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat May 13, 2006 5:24 pm

When working in a curve window, I will often go and hit the compare button. Now to get back to the curve you were adjusting, you have to go through a series of key strokes or actually click on the curve again... OR
MAYBE I havent read all the docs...
Thanks,
Matt

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat May 13, 2006 8:24 pm

When working in a curve window, I will often go and hit the compare button. Now to get back to the curve you were adjusting, you have to go through a series of key strokes or actually click on the curve again... OR
MAYBE I havent read all the docs...
Thanks,
Matt

Matt, when you click on the compare button, you must hold the button.
When you losen the compare button, you return automaticly to the visible position before clicking the compare button.
When it is not so, then there is something wrong in you system or programs.
Close all programs, else photoshop and curvemeister, and try again.

frits

Postby -default » Sat May 13, 2006 9:32 pm

I think I understand what Matt is saying. 

If you are using the arrow keys to move points around, for example, and you press compare, the focus moves to the compare button.  To move the points around again, you need to click on the point in the curve window.  Is this right?

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat May 13, 2006 9:41 pm

If you are using the arrow keys to move points around, for example, and you press compare, the focus moves to the compare button.  To move the points around again, you need to click on the point in the curve window.  Is this right?

I have tried what you said. It looks normal to me!!

Frits

Postby -default » Sat May 13, 2006 10:24 pm

If I understand correctly, this would be a new feature that would allow the compare functionality to be used, while retaining the currently selected curve and point within the curve.

One way to do this would be to re-instate the "C" key as a way to activate the compare function.  I had this feature for a while, but removed it because the key repeat feature got in the way.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun May 14, 2006 3:14 am

[thats EXACTLY what I mean, would be real time saver if it just went back to the axis number you were adjusting]

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun May 14, 2006 3:21 am

If I understand correctly, this would be a new feature that would allow the compare functionality to be used, while retaining the currently selected curve and point within the curve.

One way to do this would be to re-instate the "C" key as a way to activate the compare function.  I had this feature for a while, but removed it because the key repeat feature got in the way.

[You just beat me to it, I was going to suggest using alt+c or what you said, just press c . For some reason it is a large time waster having to go bac all the time. Maybe I am just strange.. thanks for your time...]

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun May 14, 2006 3:29 am

[While I am at it, was moving a selected point, neutral, around with the cursor keys... when you hit compare, you have to reselect the point in the image, could the same 'sticky' feature apply to just what ever you are doing in an image or a curve, when you hit the compare button...??? I find it impossible to ACCURATELY and PRECISELY reselect where I was...]

Postby -default » Sun May 14, 2006 5:44 am

I'll take a look at using the C key again for the compare funciton.  This would allow comparing without changing any currently selected point, whether on a curve or a sample point in an image.

Return to “Vote on and Discuss New Features”