Copy channel (s) back in Curvemeister

If you have an idea for a new feature or other improvement to Curvemeister, this is the place to propose, discuss, and even vote on it. All suggestions are welcome, even the ones that are impossible!
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:06 pm

It is possible to copy a channel and then make a layer in P.S.E ( 4.0) and I think also in the older P.S.E 1-2-3.
you can do thinks with layers.
For instance sharpening.
After that, I would copy back the layer in Curvemeister channel.
It is not possible now.
I have tried several tricks, but nothing helps.

Frits

Postby -default » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:53 pm

This is a good idea - so copy a channel out of Curvemeister (which is currently supported), modify the channel data as a layer, and then paste it back into Curvemeister.

I'll think about a way to do this.

Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri May 05, 2006 3:43 am

I think Frits is on to something here.  I generally like to sharpen the 'L' channel, and sometimes add a little blur to the 'a' and 'b' channels to diminish the color noise.  If I could do the color correction in Curvemeister, then bring those modified channels back into Photoshop, I could continue with other edits using those channels.

Just a thought
Steve Albrecht

Postby -default » Fri May 05, 2006 5:49 am

Absolutely.  This would be a good feature, and the interface would simply be the reverse of copying the channel data.  One problem is that Photoshop only provides read-only access to the image data, and this makes the implementation more complex.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri May 05, 2006 8:25 am

"I think Frits is on to something here.  I generally like to sharpen the 'L' channel, and sometimes add a little blur to the 'a' and 'b' channels to diminish the color noise.  If I could do the color correction in Curvemeister, then bring those modified channels back into Photoshop, I could continue with other edits using those channels.

Just a thought
Steve Albrecht"

Absolutely.  This would be a good feature, and the interface would simply be the reverse of copying the channel data.  One problem is that Photoshop only provides read-only access to the image data, and this makes the implementation more complex.

Aha! But it is not impossible.
I think ( you can ask other curvemeister users) that it is of great use by everyone.
Now the only thing is to go completely out of Curvemeister and do "LAB" things with Photoshop or with GIMP 2.2
So far I can imagination me is GIMP 2.2 superior about that.
You can assemble the LAB picture out of several parts if you like.
For me . who has no Photoshop but only the elements of it, it is more difficult to know what I want.
Frits

Return to “Vote on and Discuss New Features”