Pantone Pinning

Curvemeister pins are like a memory bank for colors. Discuss techniques and applications for pins. Find out about new pin files here!
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:17 pm

Part of the debate about pinning is finding a product that enough of us would want to carry. Then we have the issue of getting time in Mike's busy life to scan that items to get a good LAB definition for the pin. Well, our worries may be over:

http://ifitshipitshere.blogspot.com/2008/12/pantone-party-continues-with-more-new.html

Here are a ton of products with very precisely defined colors. They are also colors that we can find the LAB equivalent inside Photoshop without having to bother Mike. Just get Photoshop to tell you what the LAB definition is and put that in a CM swatch file.

OK, I haven't actually tried this yet, but it logically should work. (I just found this site.) Alas, some of that stuff is pretty expensive. I'm sure we'll all find something that we can hold in pictures to get a good pin.

Don't forget to click on the first link "all things Pantone" to see the first report on this with a bunch more products.

Clyde

Postby -default » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:25 am

Thanks, Clyde.  Just to clarify a bit, the idea is to purchase a few objects of known colors, and use those in your image as a reference that you can pin to.

Yes, I noticed the pantone coffee mugs, too, LOL.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:24 pm

If you bought one of those little robots and named it ,you could have your own Stanley Kubrick.

Return to “Color pinning”