Loading Pins

If your question is not covered in the manual, please post it here.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:09 pm

I want to load the Gretag McBeth pins to Curvemeister and can't figure out how to do it.  I realize that they are just txt files and somebody told me to load them to swatches but I can't figure out how to do it.  I need some very elementary instructions (don't leave anything out!).  I've been fiddling around for hours with no success. 
Thanks,
Jody
PS - I found my pins here but I can't find the Goodie bag.  Where is it? ???

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:09 pm

OK...Here we go Jodz...

• Open an image with PS or PSE and open CM.

• From CM Right click in the Pin gallery. Select Pin File > Manage Pins    Shot1

• The file browser should open to the swatches gallery  Shot2

• Double click on the Goodies folder

• Highlight the color checker.txt file and right click.  Select copy Shot 3

• Navigate back to the swatches folder and right click and select paste. Shot 4

• Your list should look like Shot 5

• Close the browser and right click on the pin gallery again. Select Refresh All Pins Shot 6

• Your pin gallery should look like this Shot 7

That should do it...
Greg

Postby -default » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi Jody,

Great answer from Greg.  There is another way you can try too, which is to right click on the pin area, and use the "Load Pin File" command, and find your way to te goodies folder from there, where you can load the color checker pin file.

I'll add more information about this to the manual, so that the next person will have an easier time.

BTW - keep us posted on your actual use of the color checker pins.  The key is to use just one or two pins that are close to the color of the important object in your image.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:10 pm

Thank you!  Those were exactly the instructions (and the level of instruction!) that I needed.  I got it!
And Mike, it would be great if you could add this type of instruction to the manual.  I looked all over the manual and couldn't find anything basic enough to get me through the process.  In the meantime, before the next manual comes out, it might be nice to have a section on the community web page dedicated to how to do it instructions like these.  They would be easy to find there.
Thanks again guys!
Jody

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:31 am

I am new to curvemeister and I am having trouble getting pins. I have followed these instructions and the name colour checker is on my curvemeister sceen but there are no pinjs in it. would really appreciate some help in downloading new pins

thanks
Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi Julie,

What windows version do you have...sometimes we give direction and the windows version is causing the problems.
Greg

Return to “Missing Manual Pages”