Installing CM 3.3.8.1 on CS2 (OS win 8.1)

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
henri francois

Postby henri francois » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:54 pm

HI,
Here is my setup:
Windows 8.1 (totally patched to date 15/03/2015)
PhotoShop  CS2 (v 9)
CM 3-3.8.1 licensed version
Here is my problem:
I have been trying to install CM 3 without success since I installed CS2.
The CM installer will run and complete...Curvemeister.8bf does show up in the proper folder : C:Program Files (x86)AdobeAdobe Photoshop CS2Plug-InsFilters  BUT it does not show up as a filter when I run CS2.
I have tried without success installing CM as XP (service pack 3) compatible  which gave me the same result.
I then uninstalled CM and reinstalled it as Win 7 compatible...no luck
then did the same  wihout compatibility...same result
Uninstalled and tried the three operations above running as administrator, still with no success.
I wonder if anyone has a possible solution that would not involve switching to a higher (and therefore much more expensive) version of Photoshop or if it just impossible to use CM under that configuration.
I'd be extremely grateful if anyone can shed some light on this problem.
Thanks in advance
Henri

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Henri,

the .8bf file is probably in the wrong filters folder.  Look in the Adobe file tree and see if there is a "Pluginsfilters folder" that is not the 'Requiredpluginsfilters".  If there is copy the .8bf there do not move it. 

We know CM 3.8.X runs just fine in Win 8.1 and with various versions of PS. 

Greg

henri francois

Postby henri francois » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi Greg,
Thanks for the extremely speedy reply.
The CM filter is copied to the following adress:

C:Program Files (x86)AdobeAdobe Photoshop CS2Plug-InsFilters

which is the one you specified (not the Required or the Common files) but it still does not show.
Any info you need to help clear this up?
Thanks for your tiome.
Henri

henri francois

Postby henri francois » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi Greg,
In addition to my reply of yesterday to your post, I have also noticed  that each time I boot up my computer the event viewer shows this CM related error:

Activation context generation failed for "C:Program Files (x86)Curvemeister.comCurvemeister_3HueClock.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found.

Could that be part of the problem?

Henri

Postby -default » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:49 am

What is the filename of the installer, and are you running 32 or 64 bit CS2?  This problem can happen if you install the 32 bit version of Curvemeister for the 64 bit version of Photoshop.

The error message may be relevant.  the HueClock remains a 32 bit program, and it requires that you have the "Visual Studio redistributable" files installed.  They are available here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582

Mike

Postby -default » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:50 am

Please feel free to email me at mike@curvemeister.com.  The forum board is about to go through a revision and I'm concerned that we might lose track of this thread in the shuffle.

If switching to the 64 bit installer does not do the trick, I can set up a remote session using Teamviewer.  We would like to get you on the air as soon as possible.

Mike

henri francois

Postby henri francois » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:28 am

Hi Mike,
I did not get lost in the shuffle.
To resume: I have tried both 32 and 64 versions :no joy in either.
I have installed Visual c++ but still get the same error message: Activation context generation failed for “C:Program Files (x86)Curvemeister.comCurvemeister_3HueClock.exe”. Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture=”x86″,publicKeyToken=”1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b”,type=”win32″,version=”9.0.21022.8″ could not be found.

I am not sure whether you meant Visual Studio or just Visual C++. I have downloade Visual Studio 2013 but have not yet installed it while waiting for a con firmation as to which I should install.
As for ateamviewer session it should be possible although, since I am in Europe and 6hrs ahead of eastern time US, a time would have to be agreed on.
Let me know.
Thank you
Henri

Return to “Curvemeister Support”