Upgrade problem

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
Niels Rasmussen

Postby Niels Rasmussen » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum but I've been using Curvemeister for some time now. I decided to update from vers. 3.0.8.0 to the latest version. Never had a problem ever with Curvemeister until this update. Now, when I click on Curvemeister in the filter menu, the main screen pops up but no curves! I'm not sure what to do now. Should I uninstall then reinstall? Any suggestions would be most welcome. Many thanks, Niels R.

Postby -default » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:24 am

Hi Neils,

I apologize for the inconvenience.  More than likely the old version did not install completely.  My first recommendation would be to try installing version 3.3.5 again. 

If this does not clear up the problem, I suggest we set up a remote session, where I control your computer remotely while we talk on the phone.

Mike

Niels Rasmussen

Postby Niels Rasmussen » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Hiya Mike, many thanks for the prompt reply.  This has really got me puzzled; when I bring up the main screen in CM, it shows the older version 3.0.8.0 (i.e. the version originally installed on my computer) but looking at the add/remove programs in the windows control panel shows the latest update as being installed. Strange. If I uninstall Curvemeister, can I then download the latest version from the downloads page and use my current registration key to activate it?  Sorry for all the questions, but CM is absolutely central to my workflow and I feel rather stuck without it. Regards, Niels Rasmussen

Postby -default » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi Neils,

There were some issues with the uninstaller with older versions, and I suspect that this is what is happening in your case.  Yes, you can uninstall curvemeister and re-install using your current activation key.  There are a variety of combinations that can happen, including having two copies of Curvemeister installed (which you can verify using Photoshop's Help>About Plugin..." menu item).

I'd like to get you back on the air asap.  If this does not clear up the problem, we should set up a remote support session for today.

Mike

Niels Rasmussen

Postby Niels Rasmussen » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi Mike. I took your advice and reinstalled v. 3.3.5. You were also right about the uninstaller leaving traces of the older CM. I had to go through and delete any bits that I found here and there before reinstalling. The main CM screen now shows v.3.3.5. and the help/plug-in menu also confirms this. Many thanks for your support. There is is something else I would like to know. On my original version, I was able to have the image open to the right of my screen and have the curves in situ on the left. For some reason, the image now opens in the centre of the screen and my curves are in a floating window. This isn't in any sense an insurmountable problem but I enjoyed the very simple layout of my old version. Is there any way to achieve this in the update. Many thanks once again for your support. Regards, Niels Rasmussen

Postby -default » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi Niels,

Congratulations on solving the uninstaller issue!  My only regret is that you had to deal with this in the first place.

If I understand correctly, I think you can solve the curve window location by maximizing the curvemeister window if necessary, then dragging the curve window to the left so that it docks itself on the edge of the curvemeister window. 

You can further simplify by hiding the ribbon, and perhaps putting your most common commands in their own tool bar.

Mike

Return to “Curvemeister Support”