Help request for CM3 installation problem

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:19 am

On my freshly installed Windows 7 (64-bit) system, installed Adobe Photoshop CS3, and later installed Curvemeister3.

At one point during the installation I got this message:
CurveCtl3.ocx failed to register.

I started CS3 and looked on the filters menu for Curvemeister, but it was absent.

Based on a note to myself from a prior CM installation problem on Vista, I copied Curvemeister3.8bf to the directory:
C:Program Files (x86)Adobe Photoshop CS3Adobe Photoshop CS3Plug-InsFilters

Again, I started CS3 and looked on the filters menu for Curvemeister, but it was still absent.

Your help is appreciated!
Teffy

P.S.  Argh, I hate rebuilding a system with a new OS!  ::)

Postby -default » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:52 am

Hi Teffy,

Sorry about the trouble, though it is nice to hear from you.  There were indeed some installation issues with 64 bit.  There is a new version 3.3.3 that I believe will solve the problem you are describing.

http://curvemeister.com/downloads/curvemeister3_product_FJK/

I'm actually revving Curvemeister fairly frequently these days, so you may want to do a Start>Programs>Curvemeister3>Check for Updates, or click the Check for Updates button in Curvemeister itself, every once in a while to make sure you have the latest version.

Try not to let your computer get in the way of enjoying the rest of the weekend, and do post back here if you have any more questions or comments!

All the best,

Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Thanks, Mike.  I installed 3.3.3 64-bit and now see 
curvemeister3.8bf
in C:Program Files (x86)Adobe Photoshop CS3Adobe Photoshop CS3Plug-InsFilters
but still don't see CM on the filters menu, even under filters/other...

Postby -default » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:42 am

Install the 32 bit version and you should be fine.

Sorry I didn't clarify, but the 64 bit version is only for 64 bit Photoshop.  You want the 32 bit version to go with 32 bit CS3, even though you are running 64 bit Windows 7.

Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks, Mike, but I still don't see CM on the filters menu.  I installed CM 32-bit, I can't remember if I uninstalled CM 64-bit beforehand (duh).  I tried running the CM 64-bit uninstaller from the control panel, but "Curvemeister3-64" still shows up on the list of installed programs, although now with the generic green & white icon instead of the yellow bulb thingy. When I run the CM64 uninstaller, I see the black command prompt screen pop up and disappear in a flash. I have also tried rebooting a couple times.

Suggestions?

Tangled up in my own shorts,
Teffy

Postby -default » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Hmmm - sorry this is taking so long. 

I think it's time for a remote support session, where I connect to your system over the Internet.  I'll send you an email offline.

Leaving the 64 bit version installed won't hurt anything.  it should un-install itself that's a separate problem .

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:03 am

I'M BACK  ;D  I had to re-install Windows 7 x64 and many apps, and I'm finally back to trying to install Curvemeister.  Mike, I lost your email offering to help...

Since my latest installation of Windows, I have installed Adobe Photoshop CS3 10.0.1 and have installed Curvemeister_3-3.3.3  32-bit.
When I run CS3, open a jpeg file, and look on the "Filter" menu (even the "Other" filter submenu), I don't see Curvemeister.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling CM a couple of times with the same result.  There is a file named:
C:Program Files (x86)AdobeAdobe Photoshop CS3Plug-InsFilterscurvemeister3.8bf
I tried copying it also to:
C:Program Files (x86)AdobeAdobe Photoshop CS3Plug-Ins

I don't see CM on the CS3 filters menu.  What do you suggest?

Postby -default » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:46 am

Hi Teffy,

My first suggestion would be to download the very latest version, v3.3.5, from the forum download area. Curvemeister will normally show up in the filters menu under Curvemeister. If it does not, then you had the right idea of manually copying the 8bf file, however it belongs in the Filters folder, one level down in the Plug-ins folder.

If this doesn't do the trick, let's set up a remote support call.

All the best,

Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:39 pm

I installed
Curvemeister Full Version v3.3.5 (32 bit)
and see the file
C:Program Files (x86)AdobeAdobe Photoshop CS3Plug-InsFilterscurvemeister3.8bf
dated 2-3-2011
but I still can't find it on the CS3 Filter menu.  :'(

I'd like to take you up on your offer for a support call.  How does that work?

Return to “Curvemeister Support”