Pin Palette not working (Version 3.2.0 with PSE 7 on Win XP SP3)

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:48 pm

I am a new member. I installed Curvemeister 3.1.0.0 for Elements today. It is installed on PSE 7 , my OS is Windows XP (home edition) with SP3.

My problem is that I cannot call up / open the Pin Palette. If I click on the " Show or Hide Pin Icons " button , it brings up nothing !!! Even if I have not created my own set of Pins , shouldn't the default Pin Palette open Up ?

While checking "Browse Libraries" under Library , I noticed that the "Pin Library" or "Goodies" under it has no .acv files, is this normal ?

Please help me understand if I am going wrong somewhere.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:56 pm

The Pin Files are plain Text files.
On my XP system they are located under the directory shown below.

Let me know if they are not there and we can try and find them...

Greg
Attachments
shot1-jpg-82
shot1-jpg-82 (70.68 KiB) Viewed 8226 times

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks Greg , that was a really swift reply. Earlier I was only looking for .acv files .

I can see the text files under :

C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataCurvemeister.comCurvemeister_3_ElementsSwatches
And
C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataCurvemeister.comCurvemeister_3_ElementsSwatchesGoodies

as well as under

C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataCurvemeister.comCurvemeister_3_ElementsLibraryPinLibrary
And
C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataCurvemeister.comCurvemeister_3_ElementsLibraryPinLibrary

So the files are there , but clicking on the Show Pin Icon does not open any Pin Palettes.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Can you try loading the 3.0.19 build of Curvemeister?  The 3.20 build you are using might be giving you some of the issues you are having trouble with.  Currently the 3.0.20 is showing 3.1.0 as the version in the title bar. 

You can go to the downloads page and get that version to try.  I have 3.0.19 for my PSE installs.

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi Greg

Cannot find any link to download version 3.0.19 at
http://www.curvemeister.com/downloads/
If only has the Windows demo to download and the version there is 3.0.18

The link I was mailed  has the link for 3.2.0 and the MS Redistributables(Which I have already installed) , would you have the URL to download 3.0.19 ?

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Ok , got the link from another post , it is
http://curvemeister.com/downloads/cm3_beta/

Let me download and install 3.0.19 and give it a try

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Guess what , I got it to work finally with version 3.0.12 !! & PSE7

I brought a license for Elements only , hence tried the Elements only download files.

For elements only 3.2.0 , CM Installs and open , but found 2 problems , no Pin Palette and in Lab mode , for the Colour and Brightness sliders , the colour works fine , but when brightness slider is moved , the image goes completely haywire in brightness.

For elements only 3.0.19 , 3.0.18 and 3.0.15 , post installation , when I clicked on CM under PSE7 filters, PSE7 packed up and threw an error and shut down.(Checked all 3 , before installing ,first uninstalled previous version and then manually deleted CM folder + also deleted the CM entries from Registry .)

Finally 3.0.12 works beautifully.

Tried this set of actions on 2 Laptops (One Lenovo and One Dell) , one with Win XP SP3 Premium and one with Win XP SP 3 Home edition as the OS , both with PSE 7 , identical results.

It seems that releases 3.0.15 upwards have problems with lower spec systems (less than 64 bit maybe !!).
3.0.12 seems to work great.

Hope that this helps others as well as the CM development team

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:16 am

I'll get mike looking at this..We have seen some of this behavior before...
Thanks for being willing to try 3.012.

There are only minor bug fixes along the way as Mike has been improving the program.
3.0.15 and higher are changes in response to the 64 bit issue but that is a separate program entirely.  The basic architecture of the program has been evolving to keep up with First Vista and now Win7.  There are still some growing pains out there...

Let me know if you need anything additional.

Greg

Postby -default » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:06 am

Greg, thanks for fielding this one.

I also sent a response several days ago via the ticket system, so between the two of us we should be able to solve this one :-).

Return to “Curvemeister Support”