upgrade

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:21 am

I ordered an upgrade from elements only to photoshop. I received a confirmation email but have not received any instructions on where to go for download from curvemister. Can you tell me how long this is likely to take as when I initially bought curvemeister it was all very fast. I have been waiting 4-5 days. Is this to be expected
Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:22 pm

Julie you should try the check for updates link in the Start menu group.  That should take you to the page for upgrades.  If you got a new KEY just download the latest version for both PS and PSE.  During the install it will detect your versions and install.  If you used the default directories it should be very fast.

Let me know if you have further trouble...

Start>Programs>Curvemeister.com>check for updates

Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:19 pm

Greg
I haven't received a new key. When I initially bought curvemeister I had a key within minutes. Does it take longer with an up-grade. if I just need to be more patient just say so. if i follow instructions to check for updates I end up at a Hostgator site that tells me there is an error 404 and the page has been moved or never existed.
Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:42 pm

Julie,
I'll e-mail you off list with the upgrade page and I'll copy Mike so he can make sure your key is correct...it does happen on occasion that the key get messed up...

Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:07 pm

Greg
I have the key and am ready to go again. Thanks for following this up. I knew it had to be a mistake because everything else with curvemeister has gone so smoothly

I had real trouble installing photoshop. It took hours and I had to do it again and again and again. I could write this forever and it still would not indicate the problems I had. I did a search and found out this is normal and followed a few suggestions and persisted in attempts and then suddenly there it all was. Of course now I have to learn to drive it!

Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:00 am

It's actually pretty easy...I tested PSE for Adobe and then went on to learn the Full PS.  The biggest change was actually being able to use Layers as they were intended...

Ask questions and we'll do what we can to help...

Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:56 am

Greg
You may be sorry you said ask questions.
1 I cant figure out where my original is after I edit. In elements I just opened the version and there was my original and any edits.
2 the layers do not seem to be there when I reopen an image. where have they gone?
3 who is tony Cooper and what is wrong with his camera
Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:35 pm

1) Elements has a setting where everything is saved as a version and is stacked in version sets....
In Photoshop you have to "save as"

I know it can handle versions but it wants to use Bridge to do some of that work.  Elements tries to make it simple and keep the catalog clean...PS figures you know what your doing.  If it is a JPG file you need to save it as a new name...

2) If you flatten they are gone.  If you do not flatten, they are still there you just might have to make a display setting to show them.  JPG does not want layers saved and PS will suggest a different file type for images with Layers.  I use the PSD or TIFF file types for work in progress.

3)This guy ???    http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t703180-p3-using-a-p-and-s.html

;D ;D ;D

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister Support”