Curvemeister_3-3.0.8 and cs3 with Vista with hp64 bits

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.

Postby -default » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:24 pm

Your original pin files are still in their original location. 

Version 3.0.8 looks for the pin files to a different location to accommodate Vista.  Some customers, including Greg Groess, reported problems with not being able to read pin files with version 3.0.8, and these were addressed with version 3.0.12.

The best solution is to first try installing version 3.0.12.  It has a fix for a pin file problem in version 3.0.8.  If your pin files are still not visible, I will follow up with a procedure for locating them and copying them to the new location.

j2e4a8n

Postby j2e4a8n » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:59 pm

but there are some good features you might like in version 10.0.13.

Do you mean this one CM_64_3.0.13b.zip?

It does not install.

Jean Pierre Daviau

HP Pavilion Elite m9525f Desktop PC
Vista 64 bits

Postby -default » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi Jean,

(I am also emailing you a copy of this message, since you are not receiving automatic notifications from the forum)

CM_64_3.0.13b.zip is the new 64 bit beta.  It will not install on a 32 bit system.

The latest version for Curvemeister 3 is 3.0.12

Are you able to access your pin files?  If not, I apologize and would like to fix this problem as soon as possible.  Your original pin files are still on your system, and the fastest way to get them back would be to re-install version 3.0.8.

The newer version of Curvmeister that you installed has a different folder for the pins, so it may be necessary to copy your original pins to the new folder.

j2e4a8n

Postby j2e4a8n » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:43 pm

This is what I did. Everything is OK.

:O)

JPD

j2e4a8n

Postby j2e4a8n » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:50 pm

I hope you will share some more of your paintings with us, and perhaps how you use your paint pins with them.

The pin file I created and in wich one could add more colors  is VERY usefull.

It helps on ajusting cast and colors from the root in heavy cases because I know I was tripping on chrome yellow years ago and if the paintings is aging, I can take a picture even now and have a goog correction of it.  I can even repaint it afresh.

PS: Indeed Vista is a complicated and useles chrome and security thing. A Bush creature probably. It is a 'better' XP.

JPD

Postby -default » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:13 am

Yes, chrome yellow is a very seductive pigment.  This one of the colors that is causing trouble with Van Gogh's paintings.  Very deep and opaque yellows are possible with it.  But it wasn't very lightfast.  My house is painted bright yellow and I can see it has faded from its original saturated yellow in just three or four years.

Thanks for sharing your pins!  I've been thinking about doing a white paper on color correction and restoration of paintings.  If you have an example of chrome yellow to share, I would be delighted.

Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:42 pm

Mike, color correction and restoration of paintings is right up my alley and all the way into my back yard! In particular I'd like a technique/plugin/whatever which will seek out all ugly paint cracks and fill them nicely with the surrounding color. Keep me posted, please!

But a white paper -- on yellow pigments? Hmm, somehow, it has an odd ring, but I just can't put my paint-stained finger on it . . .

Return to “Curvemeister Support”