Profile Plotter graph question

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.

Postby -default » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:47 am

I would test the spectro first before doing another 150 swatches, if that's possible.  If it's not possible to test, then your earlier point about the difficulty of being able to debug the "chain of custody" of color is very germane.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi,

I tried printing on different paper without significant change in LAB and I submitted the LAB figures to the manufacturer, Datacolor Company Support and they are shipping out a replacement device directly and are admitting fault in their spectrocolormeter.  It won't arrive until Decemeber 5.

Here's hoping I get some results then.

Postby -default » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:10 pm

Good support from Datacolor then.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that this solves the problem.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:57 am

Good support from Datacolor then.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that this solves the problem.

Outstanding support I would say.  I have re-tried the process and I have come up with this chart.  It is comforting at least that the lines are following each other uniformly. Even if it is no where near linear and just like before, the graph doesn't intersect near the origin.  Anyway, what can this good community here make of it?  ;)

Postby -default » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:38 pm

I like the shape of this curve better, and I predict that you'll get significantly better shadow detail.  The problem with the black patch looks like it has been significantly improved. 

There is some red, green, and blue at the black point, and I can't think of a reason why any white is being added to the shadow at all.  This does look better though.  Let us know how your first print looks.

Return to “Curvemeister Support”